What's new

Funniest scenes in movies (1 Viewer)

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Any scenes in movies that make you laugh every time?

Some that make me laugh ever time include...

In City Lights, the "nude statue" scene. Chaplin's reaction when the sidewalk elevator starts going down is priceless...as is the part where that worker gets "taller"

The train scene in O Brother Where Art Thou? "Any of you boys smithys?"

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
The entire opera sequence in A NIGHT AT THE OPERA. Eating the shoe in THE GOLD RUSH. William Powell pretending to be a great fly fisherman in LIBELED LADY. Playing hide and seek with the terrier (Asta) in THE AWFUL TRUTH. The Public Service Announcement in THE GROOVE TUBE. The underground garage sequence with dog in high heels from BOWFINGER. Oh, so many...

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
Clark Griswold falling asleep in the car in Vacation
"These go to eleven...", or a dozen other scenes from This Is Spinal Tap
The "white devil" translation/miscommunication and subsequent battle in Ace Ventura 2
Driving with the woman with Turrets Syndrome in Duece Bigalow
And finally, "the price is wrong, bitch!" in Happy Gilmore

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
Midnight Run has too many scenes to mention, but I laugh everytime - I mean EVERY time. :D

DanaA

Screenwriter
In The Graduate when Dustin Hoffman walks into the hotel lobby with Katherine Ross.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
Put the Candle back in Young Frankenstein

Spencer Tracy getting the hit by the kitchen door during the song Farewell Amanda in Adam's Rib

It's every man for himself, including the old bag in It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World

Lots of scenes in Planes, Trains & Automobiles, like when he's washing his face and then dries it off with a 'towel'.

And for some reason I always laugh during Mary Poppins during the song I Love to Laugh when Dick Van Dyke is going through the different kinds of laughs and at the end he makes this face. It just gets me every time.

That's off the top of my head. There are LOTS more.

Jon_B

Screenwriter
I'm a big Bill Murray fan. Everytime I watch The Man Who Knew Too Little, Groundhog Day, What About Bob?, Quick Change, Ghostbusters, etc., I always laugh. I love his humor. :)
Jon

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
Anything from Ghostbusters 1/2 and Dumb&Dumber

Dialog from two great scenes:

Cop and the beer bottles: "tic tac sir?" "get the hell outta here!"

Beginning of G2: "occasionally you meet a nice one.. starman, E.T, but usually it turns out to be some kinda big lizard!"

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
This Is Spinal Tap.
Marty: This tasteless cover is a good indication of the lack of musical invention within. The musical growth of this band cannot even be charted. They are treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Nigel: That's just nitpicking, isn't it?
---
David: Dozens of people spontaneously combust each year. It's just not really widely reported.
---
The whole intoduction to when the Stonehenge prop comes down :laugh:

AdrianJ

Supporting Actor
Even though I'm not a big fan of When Harry Met Sally, I still love the orgasm scene.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
-"The Blues Brothers" had great lines. The cop notification to "Soothe Me" and "Did you get me my Cheez Whiz, boy?" are great lines.
-"Airplane!"-"What's our vector, victor?"..."Don't call me Shirley"...any scene with Stephen Stucker (great character actor. Died of AIDS in '86:frowning: )
-"Animal House"-The food fight and the troubador scene ("I gave my love a story that had no end", then a guitar smash. "Sorry!")
-"Trading Places"-The "Stone Groove", "Quart Of Blood", "Those men wanted to have sex with me", the confrontation with Beeks on the New Years train...
-"This Is Spinal Tap"-"Stupid and clever" and the "Smell The Glove" controversy...
-"Victor/Victoria"-Victoria's apprehension at becoming a man and Robert Preston's simple answer, and any scene with Lesley Ann Warren.
-"Wayne's World"-The entire movie.
-"S.O.B"-The Viking Funeral, "Polly-Wolly-Doodle", "I was an addict", the deal-making scene between Robert Vaughn and Richard Mulligan.
-"Back To The Future"-Huey Lewis' cameo, all culture shock from all characters.
Sincerely,
John "Trading Places and S.O.B, I want these films on DVD" Kilduff

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
The scene in Bringing Up Baby where Katharine Hepburn's dog runs off with Cary Grant's priceless dinosaur fossil and buries it. I laugh myself silly every time I see that... :)

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
Nurse: "Can I help you uhh...doctor ..uhh"
Fletch: "Oh, it's me Dr. Rosenpenis"
Nurse: "Dr. who?"
Fletch: "uhh it's Dr. Rosenrose"
Fletch
================================================== ==========
Fletch as he pulls up to his inherited Plantation:
Amanda: " Not as grand as some of the others around here"
Fletch: "Aw it ain't so bad, a little spackling and some napalm, and it'll make a nice mausoleum."
When Fletch gets thrown in jail:
Fletch: "Whatcha in for Ben?"
Ben Dover: "Molesting a dead horse"
Fletch: "Aw there ain't no crime in that, it's your right as an american, I'm trying to cut down myself"
Fletch Lives
================================================== ==========
Both Fletch movies crack me up constantly.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
There's Something About Mary - Frank & beans
Planes, Trains and Automobiles - The rental car bursting into flames, then the following scene where that burnt wreck is stopped by the police for speeding "Our speedometer doesn't work"
Dumb & Dumber - After the chef gives him a good ass whooping then he gets up and wipes the tiny bit of blood from his lip impressed, then he pulls out his heart and gives it to the chef in a doggy bag. (and the chef takes the bag) :)

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
No one makes me laugh harder than Danny Kaye
Wonder Man
Danny Kaye singing Dark Eyes in Russian while sneezing.
Cout Jester
"The Flagon with the Dragon is the brue that is true..."
All this stuff being recited by Kaye and his enemy as Kaye's magnetic armor keeps making him lean into the huge knight.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Raising Arizona: "We released ourselves on our own recognizance. We felt institutional life had nothing left to offer."

His Girl Friday: "What's he look like boss?" "Like that guy in the movies, you know, Ralph Bellamy!"

Steamboat Bill Jr./Our Hospitality/The General/Sherlock Jr.: Basically everything Buster Keaton does.

The Lady Eve: The poker scene.

Some Like It Hot: "Why would a guy want to marry another guy?" "Security!"

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
Office Space-Just about everything in that movie. It's so hilarious.
This Is Spinal Tap-These go to eleven, I prise the rent out of the local hebrews, Spinal Tap Mach 2, Everything else.
Baseketball-Oh the priceless laughs.
Happy Gilmore-The price is wrong bitch

Jason Whyte

Screenwriter
Some Like It Hot - "You can stay as long as you like!" "Why would a guy want to marry another guy?" "Security!"
Airplane - "By the way, does anyone know how to fly a plane?" *all scream* *topless woman runs by the camera*
Kentucky Fried Movie - "I'm not wearing any pants...film at eleven!" "This is not a cha-wade!" *Human Alarm*
Druids - "No one fucks with Caesar!"*
Jay
*- Wasn't really said in the film, but I'm just going to pretend it was. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks