What's new

Funniest movie edit for tv (1 Viewer)

Claude North

Second Unit
In Grease 2, the younger sister of one of the Pink Ladies is complaining to Maxwell Caulfield about the all the "pledges and codes" involved in being a Pink Lady. In the theatrical version, she frequently punctuates her complaints with the phrase, "Pisses me off!" In the TV version, the phrase is replaced with "Pledges and codes!"

Thelma & Louise has two bizarre dubs involving the attempted rape scene. "Suck my d***" becomes "Clean my clock" and, in what has to be one of the most tasteless dubs ever, "I should've gone ahead and f***ed her" becomes "I should've gone ahead and loved her."

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don

Funny thing is, the sandwich board actually did read "I Hate People" during shooting so as not to disrespect anyone during the shoot, and was altered post-production for the theatrical release.

Ryan L. Bisasky

Second Unit
i always somehow find it humorous when listening to the edited radio versions of rap songs.
one sample line
the radio version
"to fall on the ground faster then the fat man who sat down too fast, come hear lady, shady, wait a minute, thats my girl dog, i don't give a damn, dre sent me to tick the world off."
the cd version
"to fall on my ass faster then the fat bitch who sat down too fast, come here slut, shady wait a minute, thats my girl dog, i don't give a fuck, god sent me to piss the world off."
Also from the same song "i drank a fit a vodka, care me to drive" was changed to "i drank a fit of koolaid, care me to drive"

and of all of the changes to pulp fiction the tv version, this one amused me the most
from imdb
the shot where John Travolta shoots Marvin by accident and replaces it with a black screen and a Travolta sound-alike saying "Oh man I just shot Marvin".

TommyT

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom
I heard it was left blank & the letters were added later. Eh, same difference.

MichaelD

Stunt Coordinator
I think Major League has a few good ones. When Dorn goes to Rick at the mound at the end he says "I only have one thing to say to you; strike this motherf*ucker out." In the tv version there is this long pause after this, and then there is a completey different voice saying "guy". Also I'm pretty sure that when Taylor goes and visits Dorn and tells him "If you ever tank another play again I will cut your nuts off and shove them down your f*cking throat" has a pretty interesting change.

Shawn.F

Supporting Actor
Scarface is one of my faves.

"How am I gonna get a scar like that eating Pineapple?"

"Oh yeah? Let me tell you something about this chavo jizzler..."

And scores more!

Unreal. So wretched that I wished they had put the tv dubs as an alternate audio track on the DVD.

DanielCo

Stunt Coordinator
The two I though of:

Blues Brothers where the nun beats Jake and Elwood with a ruler for continual swearing. Of course, on TV, they barely say anything so she appears posessed.

My favorite though is Showgirls. Now this is an NC-17 "classic" that has somehow been called a "movie that rocked" on VH-1. Being about strippers, both high and low class, there is so much nudity, it would last about an hour with half an hour of commercials. But thanks to technology, this "classic" appears on VH-1 regularly, with the ladies wearing CGI bikini outfits in the various explicit scenes. A truly bizarre TV experience.

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob
In "The Shining" when Jack Nicholson is talking to the ghost bartender he says "I love the little son-of-a-buck!" Never heard that expression before...

Ruslan

Stunt Coordinator
One laugh out loud dub of Lethal Weapon (replacement word for 'fuc*ing' in capitals):
RIGGS: Yeah, that's a real badge, I'm a real cop and this is a real FIRING gun.
Ok, makes sense but...

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway

Spaceballs has a number of alternate scenes used for TV. Another on is when Lone Star says, "We're not just doing this for money." In the theatrical film, he says, "We're doing it for a shitload of money!" while on TV he says "We're doing it for a looooot of money."

Back to the Future also has alternate scenes. When they're in the parking lot of the mall, after Einstein has disappeared, the theatrical has a lot of "Jesus Christ" and such language, but in the TV version Marty says "Jeez Louise".

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I saw a weird one yesterday. It was from "Silence of the Lambs" on AMC. When Jodie Foster goes to visit Lector for the first time when Miggs is supposed to say "I can smell your c**t" he says instead "I can smell your scent" but that's not it. When Lector asks Jodie what Miggs said to her she repeats the tv line "I can smell your scent" which did not sound like an edit. It seemed like an alternate take that was done for TV. Lector still responds to the new line "I myself cannot" but then immediately is able to acutely identify which skin creme she wears. So while the line edits are not bad, they did introduce a blatant continuity error.

dailW

Stunt Coordinator
mothers day , 1985.NBC network premiere of FIRST BLOOD the scene were the police are on the rocks where the guy landed after falling to his death from the helicopter. one of the officers says those green berets . there real bad asses. in the t.v. version those green berets there real bad guys.still cracks me up.again 85 the road warrior why on earth was the narrator's voice changed in the t.v. version?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks