What's new

Funniest line in a movie?.... (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Was watching Dodgeball the other night. And just was cracking up at the last line..... "Fucking Chuck Norris". :D

PeterK

Supporting Actor
Mike white in Orange County playing the english teacher. :D

Mr. Burke: Shaun! I read your story. You used a lot of big words. Great! Good for you! It was a little long, so I didn't read the whole thing, but who cares 'cause I gave you an A!

Mr. Burke: Now, when I say "Romeo and Juliet," who comes to mind?
Dana: Claire Danes?
Mr. Burke: That's right, Claire Danes. Who else?
Chad: Leonardo DiCaprio.
Mr. Burke: Right. Who else? Well, you know someone else was involved in that movie who in some ways is as famous as Leonardo Di Caprio. And his name is William Shakespeare. And some great movies have been made based on his plays: Hamlet, West Side Story, The Talented Mr. Ripley, Waterworld, Gladiator, Chocolat...

maybe not the funniest i've ever heard but it was in my head at the moment :P

mylan

Screenwriter
SpaceBalls, when they are "combing" the desert for clues about the whereabouts of the princess and the white guys have this huge ace comb and say something like " we haven't found anything yet" and then the black team is shown with this huge ass pick and says "we ain't found shit", hilarous use of site gags as well.

Airplane, any line, just pick one. "Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue" and "Do you like movies with gladiators" come to mind.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
My favorite funny line is from a drama: Glory

(Morgan Freeman) John Rawlins: Where about you from?
(Denzel Washington) Trip: I'm from around Tennessee. I ran away when I was 12 years old and I ain't never looked back.
(Jihmi Kennedy) Sharts: W-W-Wh-What ya doin' since then?
Trip: I run for President.
Trip: I didn't win, though.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
This is a tough one...often the really funny lines are funniest when they're seen in context...Need to give this some thought.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
This is kind of in the same tone as Todd's first example as it also uses the PG-13's one use of the word Fuck.

In the movie The Ringer (subpar movie) I about died when this line was uttered. It probably won't translate well to text, but in the context of the movie it is laugh out loud funny. The gang goes to the movie theater and when they are coming out get busted since they aren't supposed to leave the grounds of wherever they were supposed to be. Someone covers saying they went out for ice cream and everything gets settled. Just as everyone is leaving, in his best 'special' voice, Jed Rees yells "When the fuck did we get ice cream?" It just comes out of no where and the delivery is spot perfect.

Mike Graham

Supporting Actor
Bill Murray in Groundhog Day:

Murray's character runs into an old acquaintance from high school on the street and spends five minutes "chatting" before he can finally get away from him; once he meets up with Andie McDowell she asks why he's late:

"It was awful, a giant leech attacked me."

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I'm going to follow Mike's format; if they're truly that funny, they shouldn't be ruined for people who haven't seen the movie.

When Harry Met Sally:[Meg Ryan fakes an outrageous orgasm in a diner to prove her point]

Old lady at near by table: I'll have what she's having.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
That lady was played by the director's mother, if I'm not mistaken.

Cees

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
So many to choose from ... and I know there are funnier lines, but the one I wind up quoting the most is:

The In-Laws (1979) - Vince: (Regarding the benefits of working for the CIA):
"The benefits are terrific. The trick is not to get killed. That's really the key to the benefit program."

Colton

Supporting Actor
Welcome to Marathon. May I help you?

Yes.

How may I help you?

You can start by wiping that fucking dumb-ass smile off your rosy fucking cheeks. Then give me a fucking automobile. A fucking Datsun, a fucking Toyota, a fucking Buick. Four fucking wheels and a seat.

I don't care for the way you're speaking.

I don't care for the way your company left me in fucking nowhere with keys to a fucking car that isn't fucking there. I didn't care to fucking walk down a fucking highway and across a fucking runway to get back here to have you smile at my fucking face. I want a fucking car ... right ... fucking ... now.

May I see your rental agreement?

I threw it away.

Oh, boy.

Oh, boy, what?

You're fucked.

Paul_Dunlop

Second Unit
^ Definitely!!!!!

How about Ghostbusters?

Where do these stairs go?
They go up......(insert name)...they go up

IanDP

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ian
This is Spinal Tap:
"He choked on somebody else's vomit."
"You can't really dust for vomit."

In keeping with the Chris Guest theme...
"To think in some countries these dogs are eaten."
Fred Willard, Best in Show.

John Doran

Screenwriter
monty python's holy grail:

the effeminate and unattractive son is in his room looking contemplatively through the window. his gruff father stands next to him and makes a sweeping gesture in the direction of the window.

Father: "One day, lad, all of this will be yours"

Son: "What - the curtains?"

unbelievable.

i could just post 90% of the script from that show - it makes me laugh so hard i almost swallow my tongue.

PeterK

Supporting Actor
planes trains and automobiles, Colton?
yeahhh that's a good one...I think i'll watch that movie now :D

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
Hardly the funniest line in a movie ever, but I like it cause it's not even the proper line, and funnier.

from the Happy Gilmore tv version:

'The Price is wrong... Bobby!'

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks