What's new

Full Details: Panic Room SE (1 Viewer)

Tony Scello

Second Unit
Just wanted to add my thanks to David Prior for his outstanding work on this set. I feel like I've been to film school for the cost of a DVD.

Now if only we could get you working on an nice SE DVD of Fincher's The Game...

Ricard Casselha

Stunt Coordinator
Here's another easter egg on disc 3:

Go to "Visual Effects" and highlight where it says
"Arm On Fire" instead of pressing Enter, press Right.

MarcusUdeh

Supporting Actor
For those that either own or viewed a copy of this special edition, could you tell me if this issue is even addressed?

Mikko Rasinkangas

Stunt Coordinator
Does Mr. Prior know why the commentary tracks have been dropped from the special edition that was released, at least, in Scandinavia? The tracks are listed on the packaging. The distributor is now correcting the packaging to match the current content instead of repressing the discs with commentary tracks.

I talked to the Finnish distributor, Universal, and they didn't know why the tracks were dropped. The person I talked to rambled about rights issues, obsolete content in the tracks, subtitle tracks taking the commentary space, commentary participant wanting the tracks to be removed, etc. All bogus reasons...

David Prior

Insider
I'm sorry Mikko, I don't have a good answer for you. Those rambling excuses you got are standard studio boilerplate for "we fucked up, but don't want to deal with it." There are several omissions on the U.S. release, too, although nothing as egregious as all the commentary tracks. May I recommend a multi-region player?

Sorry,

David

WillG

Senior HTF Member

I have not listened to every commentary yet or watched all the feature, but I was interested in this myself. Where is it addressed? I don't recall it in the Fincher commentary.

Travis Brashear

Screenwriter
WillG, go to Disc Three and consult the section entitled "The Flashlight"; it may appear, at first, that it's not addressing your question, but I promise it does...just watch it through to the end...

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Curious. I couldn't find this out anywhere. Is the audio/video quality of the 3 disc set superior to the superbit release?

Matt Czyz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matt Czyz
They're basically on-par. I read a few places that the superbit had a wee-bit of an edge, picture-wise.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Oh good. I'm going to get the superbit because it's only 10 bucks with free shipping.

I love extras, but I just don't have time to watch them anymore. I can't justify an extra twenty bucks. I would love to see them though sometime. I'll probably rent the extra features discs sometime in the future. I'll only watch them once anyways.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks