What's new

Full Details: Panic Room SE (1 Viewer)

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Also, if they ported it to DVD...it would finally drive down the insane secondary market LD prices, so I could pick one up :D

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

Insane? What're they getting for the LD these days? I still have one in the closet somewhere - cost me something like $15 in a blowout sale in 1999...

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I'll take it off your hands :D

I haven't seen any up on eBay in the last couple of months, but they've been going for over 100 since I've been trying to snag one (2 years or so).

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Last I heard, Fincher was set to direct M:I-3.
Is he still doing that?

I too would like to see The Game get the royal treatment!

CraigL

Screenwriter
I picked up "the game" criterion at cocoanuts in NYC (i believe) when they were having their sales. I tihnk I got it for $10-20. Now I'm working on making my own SE of the movie with all the supplements.

The man is a genius.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Nope. Not sure what happened, but he was probably too busy or something so he's being replaced by Joe Carnahan.

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
I paid around 46 bucks for a sealed copy of The Game Criterion LD on eBay about 4 years ago. A lot of jack compared to your typical DVD, but still far below the $99 list price the LD had back in the day.

The supplements are fine, BTW. Even the teaser and trailer got commentaries. How many special editions can make that claim?

Jo Wijnsma

Auditioning

Hello David, you are definitly right here. I guess that most fans would love to see more material for this movie. I have one question regarding Fincher. As you probably know there is a 'Directers Series', in the first volume featured directors like Jonze, Cunningham and Gondry. Do you know if there are plans to make a dvd that features David Fincher?

About the future projects of Fincher, the last news I heard is that he is in talks to direct Benjamin Button for Paramount. Both Gary Ross and Spike Jonze had been attached to direct this movie.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Jason, nice review. While the extras look great on the SE, I am most concerned with video quality and will just hold on to my Superbit.

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
I just received my review copy today. I will have my review up next week. However, I did look at the test disc of the third disc last week.

Be Seeing You,
David Blackwell

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
I do wonder about what clearance costs that prevented the Nicole Kidman as Meg footage from being used (other than a few second in the SHOOTING PANIC ROOM featurette on disc two). It would have been neat to have a multi-angle featurette where you comapre the Kidman footage to the Jodi Foster footage. I finally finished watching the SE yesterday (except for listening to more of the commentary tracks).

Be Seeing You,
David Blackwell

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Adam, the only time I've seen that before was on the DVD for THERE'S NOTHING OUT THERE. They had commentary over the trailer, which I thought was just amazingly cool.

dannyB

Stunt Coordinator
What kind of packaging is this DVD? Anyone have a pic, not just of the cover, but of the insides? I'm wondering how they handled a 3-discer...

Tom Tsai

Supporting Actor

The cardboard part is just a normal foldout (3 folds). However, all the discs are placed in the centre section. The three discs are individually held in plastic trays. However, these plastic trays are stacked on top of each other and can be "flipped through" like a book.

dannyB

Stunt Coordinator
Tom - thanks for the description. Doesn't sound like anything I've seen before in a DVD release.

I'm always worried about buying digipak/cardboard slipcases from an online retailer, versus in a B&M store where I can inspect and get a "perfect" package.

Tim Ke

Stunt Coordinator
The plastic trays were used for the region 4 Alien Quadrilogy set... kinda good, until the first 8 discs got separated from the last one! I had to add more sticky tape to hold it together.

Ricard Casselha

Stunt Coordinator
From IMDBs quote-page of DVD Discoveries:

Well, David, I really think that this Special Edition will certainly do the trick. :D All the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks