What's new

Fuji FinePix E550 Digital Camera worth noting (1 Viewer)

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Wow. Although its not a long zoom camera and has no stabilizer, this camera is impressive for the price. 6.3 megapixels and not too noisey. Fairly decent 4x zoom lens and here's the kicker. I still have to verify this, but a 640 x 480 video mode @ 30 fps. This is unheard of at this price point. Wow. I was going to get an Olympus Stylus 410 on sale as my small camera to start with, but the fuji has me intrigued. The low cost Fuji also has full manual exposure AND manual focus.

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/E550/E55A.HTM

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Of course, everything has its drawbacks. Its appears that this camera's slowest shutter speed is 3 seconds.

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor
I've debating on this camera. It's received many positive reviews and it has a lot of features to offer.

I'm still not sure if I want a P&S camera or something more of a SLR.

I really like the convenience of the 550, plus the camera can have lenses attached to it, if needed.

I'll probably check out the Digital Imaging and Photography Show taking place in 2 weeks at the Internationl Centre for more info.

If you don't mind me asking, what was the price you paid for it?

Peace out.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
i just chose it as a replacement for a broken kodak. so far, i love it. my only issues with it are battery life, and the slowest shutter speed is 3 seconds. i havent had much time to get out and take photos yet, but i will soon. and the price at best buy was $399 USD.

CJ

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks