What's new

FS: Sony DRX-500ULX External DVD Burner (1 Viewer)

John Wilson

Supporting Actor
I'm selling my 6-month old Sony DVD Burner. Its in mint condition and I've only burned a dozen DVDs or so. I've updated the firmware to 2.0f which is the latest. It does a good job but I really don't need an external drive like I previously anticipated. I've run it with both the Firewire and USB 2.0 connections and it works really well. Here are a few technical details:

Model: DRX-500ULX

* Standards: DVD-ROM, DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD- Video CD, CD-DA, CD-ROM (XA), CD Extra,VideoCD,Photo CD, CD Text, multi-session

* Interface: USB 2.0/1.1 and i.Link (IEEE1394 compatible); USB 1.1 supported at significantly slower speeds

* Speed: Burst transfer rate: 400 Mbps (i.Link interface), 480 Mbps (USB 2.0 interface);
write speed: DVD-R: 1x, 2x, 4x maximum (high-speed discs required for 4x); DVD-RW: 1x, 2x maximum (high-speed discs required for 2x); DVD+R: 2.4x, 4x maximum (high-speed discs required for 4x); DVD+RW: 2.4x maximum; CD-R: 4x, 12x, 16x, 24x Z-CLV maximum; CD-RW: 4x, 10X maximum;
read speed: DVD-ROM: 8x maximum; CD-ROM: 32x maximum; sustained data-transfer rate: 11.4 Mbps (8x DVD-ROM)

* Buffer memory: 8 MB

* Average access time: 210 ms (DVD 8x), 160 ms (CD 32x)

* Power: AC (cord provided)

* Drive mounting: Horizontal or vertical

* System requirements: Windows 98SE/2000, ME, or XP Home or Professional operating systems with Pentium III 400 MHz or faster (or equivalent) CPU minimum, 64 MB of RAM (128 MB or more is recommended), 1 GB of free hard disk drive space; Pentium III 800 MHz or faster (or equivalent) CPU is recommended for real-time video authoring/editing

* In the box: Disc drive, AC power cord, user's manual, warranty information, and a CD-ROM including Veritas RecordNow DX CD/DVD (mastering software), Vertias DLA drive letter recording software, Veritas Simple Backup (backup software), Sonic Solutions MyDVD (DVD-Video authoring software), ArcSoft ShowBiz (video-editing software), Cyberlink PowerDVD (DVD player software),
MusicMatch Jukebox (so you can play, record, and organize your music)

* Width: 6.5 inches

* Height: 2.1 inches

* Depth: 9.72 inches

* Weight: 4.19 pounds

I'm asking $180 shipped in the original box and double-boxed with all of the cables and S/W disks

Please email me with any questions.

Thanks for looking!:D

John Wilson

Supporting Actor
No, sorry. I'm looking for a sale as I'm trying to raise Christmas funds for my family. Job market sucks.:frowning:

Thanks for the offer, though.:)

Come on ,guys. This is a great burner and very flexible as well!:emoji_thumbsup:

John Wilson

Supporting Actor
Price reduced to $180 shipped. I should add that this is the same unit as the 510ULX which shipped with the 2.0f firmware.

Buy now and I guarantee delivery by Christmas!

John Wilson

Supporting Actor
I'll reduce the price to $180 shipped. This is the last price drop before I go to Ebay. This is really a great External burner for someone who would like to use with additional desktops or a laptop!

John Wilson

Supporting Actor
I never went the Ebay route so I've still got this baby:b

I can go $180 shipped to the lower 48. Its in excellent condition and the External feature would work real well for someone with a laptop.

Thanks for looking:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks