FS: JVC Professional SVHS edit decks

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John Hergenrather, Aug 14, 2001.

1. John Hergenrather

I don't know if anyone here would be interested or not. I do video editing work out of the home and have 2 JVC Professional/Industrial edit decks that I need to sell. They are the BR-S525 and BR-S822. One is a playback deck and the other is a recorder. They work great - I used them until recently. These decks retailed for around 7500.00 each a couple of years ago. I have seen them sell recently from the NY video houses for 3000.00 each. I am in a small jam and need to sell them quickly. I'm looking for 1500.00 each OBO. Shipping will be whatever it costs from me to you. I live in Fredericksburg Virginia if anyone would be interested in pickup instead. Thanks.
    ------------------

2. John Hergenrather

OK - does anyone have any other suggestions for me as to where I might sell them?
    ------------------

3. Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.
    Insider

Gregg Loewen
    Hi John, since you asked...
    $1500 is a lot of money. I am not saying they are not worth that amount, but because you definitely need to find an appropriate buyer, perhaps you need to better select your advertising market. Bottom line, try Ebay. Put your reserve at the minimum amount you will accept and then if it doesnt sell you arent out anything but the listing fees.
    Good luck!!
    Gregg
    ------------------
    The Sonodome
    The Newest Sonotube
    Gregg's DVDs
    The Family Units