What's new

FS: FREE Home Theater Set-up w/purchase of my House. (1 Viewer)

Shawn Keeler

Stunt Coordinator
Thought I would throw this out here!!!

Well, after enjoying my Home Theater for the past five years I am moving on. My wife and I are building a new home, and our current house just went up for sale Saturday. If anybody is looking for a house in the Omaha, Nebraska area, I have just the house for you. I have included the link below with all of the house information. I will included the screen and front set-up, but will sell the projector with the set-up if someone wants it. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks, Shawn

Home Information Home Theater

Steve F M

Screenwriter
Thats a steal of a price. You would pay a good $230,000 for a house like yours in my neck of the woods.

Shawn Keeler

Stunt Coordinator
In the city,(Douglas County), of Omaha, the house is the cheap part, It is the taxes!!!! Property taxes on this house are around $3800.00 a year.

MarkusP

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark
Shawn - I've always loved the look of your theater!!! Wish I lived in and around Omaha. Here in Toronto, a house like yours would be worth approx. $750,000 or more, depending on the neighborhood. Most new homes around here are placed on 35' to 42' wide lots and start at around $350,000. I live in a small house (2,000 sq.ft.) and my property taxes are $4,000 per year!

Good luck on your new home - can't wait to see your new theater in process :)

Ralph B

Supporting Actor
that house would cost $500,000 in my area.... and a HT...sweet!!!! thats nice! like your HT. good luck!

mike_frontier

Supporting Actor
Nice house and theater. I got a buddy that is a corn cob,, opps I mean corn-husker. He lives in Lincoln. I know he is looking for a house. I will send him your home and theater link. If he calls , his name is Andy. He will tell you I sent him your way :emoji_thumbsup:

Chad_Henry

Stunt Coordinator
I need to move! That house would be over 400k here, plus the taxes would probably be over 6k. The taxes on my old place are nearly 10k. Nice place, good luck!

Dan Driscoll

Supporting Actor
Your house would start at $800,000 here in the SF Bay Area dn depending on the location, could easily go for $1 million plus.

Jon Gum

Stunt Coordinator
Funny - We are just a couple of miles from you (144th & Pacific). I need to be more on the look-out for fellow Omahan's on the HTF. I justed checked out your website and wish I would have know about your cables last year when we did our HT in our basement. I got mine through Blue Jean, but would have been happy to use a local. Now that I know, if I ever need to do any more work, I will have your info.

Good luck selling your house - That area is really booming so you should not have any trouble selling it - especially with all of those plans to develop the Harrision Street / Giles Road / I-80 intersection.

Jon

Shawn Keeler

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Jon for nice words. Let me know if you ever need anything in the future. I also do a lot of consulting work for Metro Audio Dynamics on the home and comercial side, so if you are in the market for anything, give me call. This area is going crazy. We are not moving that far, South Wind. I can't wait to get started on the new HT!!!!

RobWil

Supporting Actor
Ahh, Omaha! I was stationed at Offutt for 3 yrs. What lovely weather they have there! :rolleyes:Nice house though :emoji_thumbsup:

Kevin Stewart

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin Stewart
It would only be about $125,000 - $150,000 here. You need at least 3000 square feet to get to the $175,000 range.

But it's still very nice.

Stew

Jon Oliva

Agent
Hey nice house! Too bad I just bought one...but I wanted one without a home theater so I could put my own in, haha.

I'm down in Papillion. Nice to see there are some HT people in town!

Skyler

Stunt Coordinator
You guys are killing me with the taxes! My taxes are $15K on one, and $5K on the other! We don't have state income tax in Texas though.

Shawn Keeler

Stunt Coordinator
I left out the other Nebraska taxes....property tax, sales tax, income tax, wheel tax, car license tax, and the list goes on.

Jon Gum

Stunt Coordinator
Any bites on selling the home theater this past weekend?

Regarding property taxes, you guys have to realize it is not the raw dollars spent on taxes - it is the rate. The high end of our property tax rates are 2.79% - the average residential rate is around 2.35%.

Therefore every year you would pay $13,950 in taxes at the highest rate on a $500K house here in Nebraska. That being said, you can buy a REALLY nive house here in NE for $500K.

Good luck selling - if you are still having an open house this next weekend, I may stop by.

Jon

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks