What's new

FS: Dishplayer 7200 (1 Viewer)

Todd Hochard

Senior HTF Member
Dishplayer 7200 with PTV remote. Original 17GB hard drive installed (12 hours record time). Manuals included.
Reason for selling: no longer with Dish. Went to TWC for lower cost (i.e. free box from cable co.) HD setup.
$100, plus shipping.
Todd

Todd Hochard

Senior HTF Member
Anyone? I'm willing to sell it for less, if you'd like to put your own, larger hard drive in.
Todd

DavidBA

Auditioning
I'm guessing this is a TiVO-like device? I'm thinking of moving to Dish network from cable, so I might be interested, but don't know this device.

Todd Hochard

Senior HTF Member
$100, shipped, or $60 shipped with no hard drive in it (the install-your-own-bigger-HD option).

The Dishplayer is a satellite receiver for the Dish Network. It will receive everything that your basic Dish receiver will, but also includes a hard drive for recording from satellite. You can pause live TV, 30sec skip forward, and 7 sec instant replay, in addition to the ordinary FF and Rewind functions.

The installed 17GB hard drive will hold about 12 hours of programming. Note that this records the incoming digital bitstream directly, so it is always a "perfect" copy of the Dish signal.

The 7 day guide looks identical to the UltimateTV guide, since both were developed by Microsoft.

Todd

Jeff_P

Stunt Coordinator
Todd,

Does you have to subscribe to anything in order to use the recording function? I am unfamilar with these recording units. Also, does the reciever come with the Dish Network card?

Jeff_P

Todd Hochard

Senior HTF Member
I did not have to pay a subscription for PTV services (i.e. recording), as I bought the Dishplayer during a special last year that gave me free PTV for 3 years.

However, I don't know what the rate is today. Back in early 2000, it used to be $10/month, or $99 for a lifetime (of the box) subscription.

You'll have to contact Dish.

Todd

Jeff_P

Stunt Coordinator
Todd,

How much are you asking now? I am not going to take any hard drive because I cannot justify paying to use the PTV option. I do not record any TV shows now so it wouldn't get much use.

Also, how do you accept payment? I have an account with Paypal.

Jeff_P

Eric Lipp

Agent
If you're not going to record or pause tv with it, then don't bother getting the dishplayer.

Although, once you try out these features, I bet you'll be hooked!

Hitting a button to record a show every time it's on, then coming home and watching it (while skipping through commercials) in it's original digital quality....you don't know what you're missing until you try it out.

~e

Jeff_P

Stunt Coordinator
Eric,

thanks for the info. I bought it and I will try it out. I do not tape much right now but maybe with this I will not miss some shows that I forget to watch.

I need to read up on the options that the Dishplayer has, as far as the recording. The dishplayer is being sent with the manual so I guess I will get all the info I need then.

Jeff_p

Todd Hochard

Senior HTF Member
As Jeff indicated, the unit is SOLD.
I agree with everyone else- try the PTV feature. It will change the way you watch TV. Now that I have cable, I was missing that feature so much, that I just bought a ReplayTV box. Watching shows at your convenience, with easy one button recording, and skipping commercials- heck, once you try it, you won't go back.:)
Todd

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks