What's new

FS: CRT/Digital Rear projection Mirror system and 100" RP screen - Chicago area (1 Viewer)

Nice commercial style Mirror setup and Rear Projection screen.

Pictures at: Link Removed

When i bought this, the owner said it had come out of a corp. boardroom. I do not know what brand the mirror system or screen is, however look very similar to the Da-lite or Stewart style RP setups. The projector I bought at the same time was a '96 model so i estimate the RP setup to be roughly the same age. The mirrors are double sided optical mirrors that are very clean and without scrapes or scratches. The metal rigging is also in good condition. Not shown are several black wooden panels that attach around the sides that provide additional structural support as well as some light control within the system.

The rigging (as you can see in the pictures) has a swinging arm for attaching the CRT and angling it up at the mirror. I would imagine a digital projector could be as easily attached to the swing arm as well. Also on this rig is a secondary mirror and a shelf for a slide projector. The slide projector shoots into the small mirror below the large one and is angled up into the large mirror and onto the screen with out getting in the path of the CRT/Digital projection. Perhaps you could set up a pre-show slide show like they have at the multiplex?

When set up, the mirror bounce will provide roughly 3'-5' of extra throw (mirror to swing arm, depending on PJ and how it's set up) so subtract that from your projectors normal throw to figure how much room you need behind the screen. It also provides an optimal downward angle on the projection for best viewing by the audience. (Mirror rig is 8' tall)

The screen (not shown in pictures) is a 100" 4:3. Again the brand is unknown however, it is nice and thick (about 1/4") and rigid. The back side has a Fresnel lens pattern for optimal light gathering and transmission and the front side has horizontal 'etchings'? .. a 'brushed' looking texture that increases horizontal dispersement and allows very nice viewablitiy even from extreme side angles. The screen is in good condition with a few scrapes and scratches on the back, however they have never bothered me in viewing. I would say you could also cut this down to a 16:9 screen if you needed, being sure to remove equal amounts from the top and bottom to keep the Fresnel lens centered.

asking $2000 (VERY FLEXIBLE) for Mirror rig and Screen, very good price compared to what these sell for new. Pickup only in the Chicago land area, can also discuss meeting you halfway if you live out of state or something. Please feel free to email or PM me, I will also be sure to check in on this thread if there are questions. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks