What's new

FS: Brand New InFocus LP350 DLP Projector for $3265 (after rebate) (1 Viewer)

Don Black

Screenwriter
I'm selling a brand new InFocus LP350 projector for $3465 + shipping. The box on this unit is factory-sealed and I just received it yesterday. This unit comes with a 2 year warranty.
I bought this projector from Dell last week when they were running a special online promotion that has since expired. I am going to buy an RPTV instead. I decided to try to sell it before returning it since someone might want to take advantage of this special pricing (compare prices at Egghead.com Outpost.com or Buy.com for ~$4,199).
Best of all, I will also include with the projector Dell's original (not a copy) invoice. What this does is allow you to take advantage of InFocus' $200 mail-in rebate that expired yesterday thereby lowering the projector's cost to $3265 + shipping. If you bought this projector today from Buy.com for $4,199, you would not qualify for this rebate!
I have a good eBay feedback rating and will accept payment via money order, check, or money wire (sorry, no PayPal ... their fees are simply too high).
Please send any questions to [email protected] (remove the .nospam). Thanks!

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
Hi Don,
The PayPal 4% fee cannot be charged for. We have a section on this in the posting guidelines for this area:
There is a new regulation implemented on paypal that everyone should know about. It can be found under the Terms of Use at the bottom of the paypal page.
"No Surcharges. Under Visa and MasterCard regulations and the laws of several states, including California, merchants may not charge a fee to the buyer for accepting credit card payments (often called a "surcharge"). You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as payment. This restriction does not prevent you from imposing a handling fee in connection with the sale of goods or services, as long as the handling fee does not operate as a surcharge (in other words, the handling fee for transactions paid through PayPal may not be higher than the handling fee for transactions paid through other payment methods)."
Please remove that reference from your sale.
Many thanks
Rob
------------------
Link Removed
"One does not simply walk into Mordor."
Link Removed

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Don. That was something put in place by PayPal, not us, so all we can do is comply with their regulations.
Rob

Don Black

Screenwriter
No problem. What a lousy business practice though. They raise their rates by 3% in the last year or so and then won't let you adjust costs accordingly! Sheesh.

J

John Morris

Don: I agree with you, that for us non businesses who want to accept credit cards, PayPal has us by the throats. One way around this policy is to figure in the PayPal surcharge and add it to your price. Publish that price as your selling price and then offer a discount(down to your "real" price) for cash, money order and check paymments. It truly is sad that PayPal forces us to play these games, but they give us no other choice.
Good Luck with your sale! The infocus sure looks like a beauty!
------------------
Take Care,
merc

Don Black

Screenwriter
Maybe I'll checkout Yahoo's service. I think it's free. Or maybe Citibank's... I think they are partnered with First Data.
John: Thanks for the suggestions. At this point, I would rather PayPal not get my business. I'll stick to checks, money orders, or COD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks