What's new

FS: A whole bunch of 17 inch CRT computer monitors (1 Viewer)

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
A whole bunch of 17 inch CRT computer monitors cheap!!

Have you ever dreamed of doing this:

http://members.chello.nl/~s.ferris/images/Dsc00065.jpg

I have 8 gently used 17 inch CRT monitors I'm looking to get rid of... Various brands but I have several "matched pairs" (The brands include CTX, AOC and ADI-microscan). All come with the stand base and IEC power cable. All monitors have DB15 VGA analog connectors (sorry, no DVI).

I'm in the process of catalogging the model numbers and double checking all the units for burn and to see how high they will go in resolution (the CTX ones will sync to at least 1280x1024 I know and the ADIs will do 1280 x 1024 as well)...

I'm offering them at $30 each plus actual shipping/packaging costs.

I'd make a deal for anyone who actually wanted all 8 of them ($175 for all 8 maybe), and would happily do a PAIR of monitors for $50 per pair. It seems similar ADI units have sold for $35-40+ each on ebay recently...

Local pickup is available if you're within driving distance to Ohio. I will post the model numbers of them all once I go through them and make sure they're all in good shape and clean.

If you have an interest in a very affordable 17 inch monitor- drop me an email:

[email protected]

Figured I'd post them here before heading off to ebay or the local want ads.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member

Since Socal is the furthest possible point from me in the continental US, the prices are pretty high! Looks like Fedex would be right around $35 for a single, might save a couple bucks shipping if you get a pair (shipping a pair looks to be right around $50).

Airborne express is about the same.

This is based on estimated packaged weight of 60 pounds. According to epinions a similar ADI one weigh 44.1, so it might be closer to 50 pounds packed weight (meaning $30 shipping costs), but I figured I'd guess high to be safe...

-Vince

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
Vince,
I've got a buddy that is looking for a replacement monitor - what would shipping be to Michigan (48640).

Thanks,
Dave

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
I dont believe any of them are truely flat-- none of them have any serious curve to the screens- but they are not specifically "flat".

You can look online for basic info, the CTX are model VL700 and the ADI are model LM-1764. Some of the links refer to the tubes as "flat" (although some are talking about the newer VL700-3)- but nothing on the case indicates it, and it's certainly not as flat as an LCD panel.

I think all of these are from the late 1990's, and I have had them in storage at my place for a while.

As far as shipping to Mich (48640) goes (or any other shipping estimates), just check airborne.com- they will give you tehirs and UPS and FEDEX, guesstimate 60lbs and it comes from 44240.

It looks like 48640 will be around $10 for shipping, although I'd say $14 to cover boxing and packaging.

You sure your buddy wouldn't want a pair? ;)

-Vince

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
Well, my fiancee has an old 15 incher, so she might consider an upgrade (she's been watching a lot of stuff on it lately, since we got broadband again). I asked her, and she is going to think about it.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
Hey Vince
What's the smallest one you have? I would like to store it in a cabinet when I am not using it.
Grant

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member

Grant, I assume you mean cabinet size?

The CTX are 16 in wide, 16.5 in deep and 17 in tall.
The ADI are 16.5 in wide, 17in deep and 15.5 in tall.
The AOC are 16.5 in wide, 16 in deep and 16 in tall.

The AOC are model SPECTRUM 7CLR by the way-- and also seem to do 1280x1024 max resolution.

I've gotten a couple offers via email- but for the next couple days I'm giving priority to anyone who wants a pair @ $50. I'm going to sell of as many pairs as I can this week, and then deal with folks who just want a single.

Thanks!

-Vince

EarleD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Earle Decker
Vince

If you have any singles left over drop me a note. Im interested in any monitor you have left. ANy idea on shipping to 06492?

Earle

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member

Should have something- will open up singles next week or so.

06492 for a single looks to be about $16, plus maybe a couple bucks for the box and packaging- so figure under $20.

EarleD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Earle Decker
Vince,

Im gonna have to pass. I just got a free monitor from work. Great for a 2nd PC

Jason Monette

Second Unit
That picture is cool as hell, I have thought about doing that. Getting as close to a real sim in your house as possible, way cool!

ryan davis

Stunt Coordinator
Are these still availabe? If so how much would shipping be to iowa (52732)? I would just like one of them, so if you have any left just let me know. Thanks!

ryan

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member

Approx $16.00 for shipping- figure $18.50 at the most.

If anyone wants to estimate shipping, go here:
http://sbw.airborne.com/CompareRate/CompareRateInfo.asp

Plug in 44240 for origin, your zip for destination, and 60 lbs for weight. Put in 1 pacakge per month for frequency, and it will give you airborne, fedex and ups rates.

I have sold about half the monitors I have in pairs. I have 6 left (3 pairs)-- and I will do single monitors for $30 a piece. If you want a single, drop me an email ASAP- I have about 3 people who have emailed me previously so they will probably go quick.

-Vince

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Hello,

I sold two monitors locally to someone, and i'm trying to get in touch with that person. I had an email crash and my Eudora mail DB went corrupt, so I no longer have his Name or Information- and I owe him $25.

So, if you bought a pair from me and picked up locally- and you contacted me about $25 refund- please email me again because I don't have your address.

SORRY. Pesky technology...

[email protected]

-Vince

Users who are viewing this thread