Digital Review Frozen Digital 3D Review

Discussion in 'Streaming and Digital Media' started by Todd Erwin, Feb 26, 2014.

1. schan1269

schan1269 HTF Expert
    HW Reviewer

Sam

2. Paul Hillenbrand

Paul Hillenbrand Screenwriter

Paul Hillenbrand
    Didn't DIVXs failure bankrupt Circuit City? The more that employees came to its defense the more the noose was tightened by public sentiment. A lesson learned from Disney's complete silence ?

3. Ejanss

Ejanss Banned

EricJ
    For those interested, Get A Horse 3D is separately available on PSN Store for $3.99.
    (Pretty sure it isn't on Vudu's, but haven't checked.)

4. Towergrove

Towergrove Screenwriter

Sarah
    Yes but the difference is that unlike DIVX this is much more popular. If they chose to remove films and not allow access it would be a pr and legal nightmare for the studios.

Also while you have to register your devices this is doing no good in the war on piracy when you can already find Frozen 3D files on the internet. Streams and downloads are being purged of protections just like their physical counterparts (house of cards is another example a day after it was released on netflix they were already out there for download). Sad for the studios really.

5. Towergrove

Towergrove Screenwriter

Sarah
    Yes but electronic sell thru is gaining in popularity and not in the same ballpark as DIVX where adoption was paltry. Like it or not sell thru of films in both download form and streams (for sale) is here now and useage is increasing steadly.

6. Towergrove

Towergrove Screenwriter

Sarah
    Please tell me how a download purchase is a loss for me??? Dont think they can purge the file from my server like they can a netflix stream.

7. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

Oh, but they really WANTED DIVX to be the Next Big Thing. And "electronic sell thru" being more "popular" is cause for concern, not to just accept it.

Sold content can still be taken off-line at any time for any reason. Just ask anyone who bought adult movies on Vudu before Wal-Mart bought the company and removed them.

8. Stephen Brooks

Stephen Brooks Second Unit

Stephen Brooks
    Does anyone know if Vudu movies are ever updated....i.e. have they ever replaced a movie on their servers with a new or updated master? And is that new master available to people who currently own that movie or only people who purchase it from that point on?

9. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

I imagine it's just one master per title- I've heard they've fixed stuff that was in the wrong ratio, or more commonly uploads with obvious picture or sound problems. Of course that also means that if Disney finds any hidden obscenities or what-not (like the dust spelling out "SEX" in The Lion King) they can cut that out, and if Star Wars ever gets on Vudu it'll be constantly updated with whatever George Lucas' latest tweaks are. Just more reasons why I can't collect movies on this.

10. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder 映画ファン

Malcolm
    George Lucas won't be doing anymore tweaks to the Stars Wars film and i thought the word was SFX with the meaning being special effects and not SEX, i think it's easy enough to mix up the F with an E though and see that word.

11. schan1269

schan1269 HTF Expert
    HW Reviewer

Sam
    SFX...SEX

Depends if you are vanilla...or not.

12. Stephen Brooks

Stephen Brooks Second Unit

Stephen Brooks
    I'd be shocked if Lucas isn't right now working on the "Disney Editions" of the Star Wars films.

13. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

I know George Lucas is (claiming to be) retired but I highly doubt that Disney would say no if he wanted to come back and add more stuff to the movies for a future video release or theatrical re-release.

14. Edwin-S

Edwin-S Producer

deleted

FoxyMulder likes this.