What's new

Blu-ray Review Frozen Blu-ray Review (1 Viewer)

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
Well ... That's why I've also purchased the March 18th 2D domestic release. We won't be in a big hurry to get it in 3D.Still *really upset* with Disney right now ...

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
And especially with its Oscar wins, I would think a fully-loaded edition of the film on Blu-ray would be a no-brainer. There has simply GOT to be one down the road.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Thanks, Matt, for the great review.

This is the first Disney animated film that truly left me with a post film high in over ten years. I don't think the plot is the strongest in Disney's catalog, but the characters and the great inversion of Disney's usual final outcomes more than make up for it.

You mentioned Wicked.
The funny thing is, with Elsa, I do think they got the best of Wicked. They put Idina/Elphaba's voice inside Kristen Chenowith/Galinda's body.
wicked10.jpg.pagespeed.ce.FK3nYu81kl.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

holding.jpg

Kristen-Chenoweth-best-glinda-ever-wicked-10719726-378-600.jpg

Elsa-Concept-Art-disney-frozen-35619800-800-629.jpg

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
It is disappointing that the two Disney films from the last year most worth getting on Blu-ray 3D (Oz and Frozen) are the two that seem to have had the most misguided home release strategies.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Bryan Tuck said:
It is disappointing that the two Disney films from the last year most worth getting on Blu-ray 3D (Oz and Frozen) are the two that seem to have had the most misguided home release strategies.
So, you're calling it a "strategy", then? That's............charitable. :rolleyes:

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
It is true, though. Disney botched both of those home video releases experimenting with alternative delivery systems, and both seemingly (I can't speak authoritatively about Frozen since I've only seen it in 2D) their strongest arguments for 3D in the home in its current incarnation.

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
Matt Hough said:
It is true, though. Disney botched both of those home video releases experimenting with alternative delivery systems, and both seemingly (I can't speak authoritatively about Frozen since I've only seen it in 2D) their strongest arguments for 3D in the home in its current incarnation.
If nothing else, Frozen did just cross the $1 billion mark in worldwide box office the other day, and I'm sure 3D showings probably helped with that.

I'm usually not any kind of cheerleader for 3D; I think it's been overused and run into the ground, like a lot of film technologies. But I felt this particular film made some genuinely creative use of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks