What's new

front pro.??? infocus X1 (1 Viewer)

Sheldon-m

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone used the Infocus X1? I have not found any consumer reveiws on it. I want to using it for X box. My wife all ways giving me Sh@# for playing it on my 57". Someone told here about the burn in issue. So any feed back would be great.Thx

Dom P.

Stunt Coordinator
I would suggest doing a search on Infocus X1. The projector is widely discussed on here.... not sure if you'll find anything on using it for the X-Box.

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, do a search. I demo'd an X1 for a week and I'll say this...it's the most unbelievably cool Xbox accessory there is (as long as the room's dark). :) World Series Baseball in 720p widescreen is breathtaking.

Sheldon-m

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for your help. I can't wait. Playing madden and halo
at 100". man that the best . the best thing is my wife is the one who suggested it. if you knew her she is a very cheap person when it comes to home audio/vid. she thinks everything is the same. but thanks again. oh one thing is there a way to 1080I from my x box to the projector. or is 720 the highest? Thanks again

Dave Man

Stunt Coordinator
I just purchased an X1 from Dell for $799. They had a one day special in the "deals page" section of this forum. Check it out for another one-that was one sweet deal.

I also use my X1 with my PS2 and it works extremely well. There's nothing like playing SOCOM II on an 80" screen. By the way, if your wife wants to keep up the "traditional" look of the room, you can buy a Da-Lite Deluxe Insta-Theater for about $370. This would keep the room appearance up when the projector is not in use. I mount my projector onto a heavy-dute tripod which also keeps the room up to the wife's acceptance level.

Good luck,

David

andy_brehm

Stunt Coordinator
$800!!! wow, that is a great deal. I have been checking dell's website and everytime i am there its $999. ill have to keep updated more, id buy one in a hearbeat at that price. the cheapest i have found so far has been newegg.com they have it for $950 right now.

Andy_A

Second Unit
Dean, it looks like the X1 may be the one for me. I can control room lighting, so this will probably be good. How much SDE, if any, do you notice for movies? I plan on running a scaler and progressive dvd player, but will probably switch the component video through my HK 520 receiver. One question, I know that some projectors have things like built in DCDI, scaling, and doublers, does the X1 have any thing like this? That could keep me from having to buy a DVDO ISCAN. Also, I have a lot of 4:3 and 16:9 dvds. Will it lock into full mode on all progressive material like my 30 Inch Samsung does, or does it have scaling? Can I zoom a 16:9 image to fill the screen? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks