What's new

Front/center speaker placement (1 Viewer)

Steve_-_K

Auditioning
When we first started thinking about our "tv" room which continiues to evolve towards a home theater we like the little jbl speakers that are ceiling or wall mounted. With that plan in mind I ran my speaker wires into a box at each location right at ceiling height. We have now decided to go with in wall speakers for the front of our room. As we have also decided to go with a front projector I would like to keep the top of the screen near ceiling height. If we use in wall speakers can the center front speaker actually go behind the screen? That would solve lots of layout issues but I don't know if the speaker could cause the screen to flutter or if the screen would muffle the speaker output too much. As always, I appreciate any and all thoughts and ideas.
Steve K

brad_p

Auditioning
You are right to be concerned about flutter and muffle. I would not recommend putting the speaker behind the screen. You really need to get above or below.

JamesCB

Second Unit
You can put it behind the screen, if you have the right kind of screen. Perforated screens are available for a price and possibly a slight compromise in picture quality.
Here's a perf screen review I found: Screen Review
Good luck,
James

cabreau

Second Unit
The $1,000,000 home theater rooms use perforated screens and put the center channel behind them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks