What's new

From Warner Brothers: Thundercats Season One Disc Replacement Notice (1 Viewer)

MattHR

Screenwriter
Thank you, Warner Bros. Now, how about a similar response for that "Tom & Jerry" issue. You know, that one from a year ago...in case you'd forgot.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Ron, with your influence, can we possibly get an explaination to why WB shrugged off the T&J I problem while fixed this immediately?

This is really mind-boggling...

Just one episode is missing music cues, and it's enough to get it replaced.

However, why didn't they fix incorrectly flagged cartoons on Vol 2 of Looney Tunes Golden Collection (5 cartoons on disc 4 are not progressively encoded) and the censorship problems with T&J?

Why should we have any faith in the quality of the upcoming T&J and LT sets when they shrug off other volumes? If they do this again on future volumes, we already know they won't do anything about it. They could "forget" to flag an entire disc progressively and there will never be a replacement disc.... that's the message WB is sending here.

I expect better from Warner Bros. I know this is off-topic, but how else are we going to get quality when you're ignored?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Patrick,

I can only get so far with the studio.

It took weeks-months to get the original
reply from the animation department, and
obviously they made a statement that was
less than satisfying to T&J fans who bought
the set.

They have obviously been aware of the problem.
The studio reads this forum regularly. There
has been a thread full of complaints on this
subject matter. Nothing further has been made
of the issue over at WB and it looks to me that
they chose to just ignore the complaints and
move on.

I wish I had better news for you.

Kris_AB

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kris
Paul Pro said:

Paul, I called the number today and yes, they said there's no problem shipping to Canada. Fortunately this was only distributed by Warner Home Video, so no confusion or need for Canadian-specific help like when Alliance Atlantis is the distributor and someone else is in the States. So much easier when it's the same between countries.

I asked if they could just send me the replacement disc (kinda wanna keep the defective one with no music. It's interesting to see it play that way, with just the sound effects and voices. It might even be more eerie when we're introduced to Mumm-Ra and his tomb. Also, if I ever wanted to rip sound bytes from that ep, it'd be a lot easier to do without the background score intruding on the dialogue). The Warner Brothers employee said I had to though. I guess 'cause otherwise, they wouldn't know if you'd actually bought the DVDs and they would run the risk of sending out free copies of Disc 1. So a self-addressed envelope is on its way, and then I send the defective Disc 1 back. They're probably sending one of those CD-size-specific envelopes, since we shouldn't have to send back the DVD case as well.

Kris_AB

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kris
Has anyone received their postage paid envelope from Warner Brothers yet, to send back Disc 1 to them?

I haven't. I'll allow another week for really slow shipping to Canada before I call the number again.

Eric DiPiazza

Stunt Coordinator
Does anybody know if they will actually send the fixed versions to stores? I really want to pick this up, but held off because I heard about all the problems. Thanks.

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
I called the day that the story was posted and I still haven't recieved the envelope. It kind of makes me weary about sending out my disc one for the replacement if they are going to be this slow about things.

Paul

Mike Selis

Grip
While they will probably not recall the faulty set, any copies in distribution supply chains might get recalled. Periodically, distributors will request the return of DVD movies and the stores will get full credit. In many cases, the distributors will simply resell those copies to other retailers or liquidate them. I have seen people at several stores gathering up movies for return to vendor.

New copies of the movie should show up along side the old faulty sets.

Kris_AB

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kris
It's been 25 days since I called. No envelope. Should I call again, or will that just piss them off? (if I do call, I hope the annoyed-sounding woman who picked up the first time and seemed distracted talking to someone else, maybe a co-worker, isn't the one who answers again) Should I wait a bit longer? Are they maybe waiting until they get a lot of calls before sending out the envelopes all in one go?

I swear, between this and ReBoot Season 4, I'm never buying an animated series on the day of release again.

Kris_AB

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kris
Any luck anyone?

I'll check the mail tomorrow (Monday). If it's not in there, I'll give 'em a call and see what's up.

Kris_AB

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kris
Lady on the phone was very nice (oh and if you call that number, you're not getting Warner Home Video directly. They're people who sometimes do work for Warner). She explained that they were still taking phone calls for this issue and that no envelopes had been mailed out yet. Calls are slowing down though, coming in less and less, so they should be ready to send out all the self-addressed postage-paid envelopes within a week or two. Before the end of the month at least, she estimates.

So now we know what's up.

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
Three more weeks have passed and I still haven't gotten my envelope. Has anyone gotten theirs yet?

Paul

Kris_AB

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kris
Nope. But when I called her on the day of my previous post, she said it'd be another 2-3 weeks before they were mailed out. By the end of the month. So maybe, if I'm gonna be optimistic, they were sent out on Friday. Or maybe they'll be sent on Monday. Realistically though? We'll probably have to pester them a bunch well into next month. I'll give 'em a week or so to arrive though before I make another call.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
I have not even seen sets of this show in stores since release week. Course with Best Buy who knows it could be in the Drama section for all i know. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks