What's new

From Dusk Till Dawn (1996) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon.  If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Been wanting this film on Blu-ray for a long time. It's a great movie, no doubt.

Problem was, Echo Bridge has a current release, and from what I read, it's not
a very good transfer.

Hopefully Lionsgate will do something a bit better with their release. At $10.50
it's a compelling purchase.

Preordered!

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
I believe there's Canadian re-release with the same extras as some of the European releases from Lions Gate. However, they all are missing the long (and great) "Full Tilt Boogie" documentary.

AshJW

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
I was referring to the picture quality, not on the bonus material.For "Full Tilt Boogie" I still have my UK BD.

I don't know the Canadian re-release. Still got the first one, which is not so good in terms of PQ.

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
"For "Full Tilt Boogie" I still have my UK BD."Are you sure it has the 90+ min doc?

AshJW

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
Right, I meant DVD of cause. Sorry, my bad ^_^

--

Edit: As I see, my German Blu-ray (and this time I mean Blu-ray, really :D) has the "Full Tilt Boogie" on the 2nd disc.

Maybe it's too hot today :rolleyes:

hanshotfirst1138

Second Unit
Real Name
Mike
I'm curious, which version is best at present? I heard that the Canadian release is a significant improvement over the American one, who's releasing it this time?

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
I have the original Canadian Alliance release, the one discussed on the DVDBeaver site. It's apparently not the same as the new Canadian release, which is apparently more in line with other releases re PQ. Speaking of the feature only now, not the extras. I gotta say that as said at DVDBeaver, the actual presentation of the Alliance FDTD belies its lowly specs, it isn't at all bad and I've never been bothered by it, and I've had this disc for a long time.

This is a case of be careful what you wish for when you seek something a lot better (not that it exists right now), because the way it is now is perhaps just about right for the movie's budget* and melding the CGI with the live action. Too much more detail, as I've seen on some recent updates of older titles, and the CGI really sticks out and detracts from the illusion/smoothness. Though I know there are certain scenes where we all wouldn't mind a lot more detail!

*yes, Rodriguez laughs at budgets as a constraint on what he can do, but he still could only do so much with the existing technology he had access to

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks