What's new

Fritz Lang: Where's the rest? (1 Viewer)

Marcel H.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Marcel
WaveCrest said:
This is just a theory (and could very well be wrong), but could Exposure have also been affected by the warehouse fire which affected Network?
From Exposure's homepage: Due to a recent fire at Sony’s UK warehouse, some of Exposure Cinema’s films will be temporarily unavailable at retailers. Customers who wish to purchase Beyond a Reasonable Doubt, While the City Sleeps or Left Bank are urged to place pre-orders so that the title can be despatched as soon as it becomes available.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Thomas T said:
I had placed an order with Amazon.co.uk for Beyond A Reasonable Doubt since I was very happy with Exposure's While The City Sleeps. I didn't want the faux wide screen of the Warners Archives version. But I got an e-mail from Amazon.Uk that Exposure's Beyond A Reasonable Doubt is no longer available. I wonder why it's been pulled because its only been on the market for a couple of months. I guess I'll have to seek out the Spanish DVD. http://www.thecinemascopecat.blogspot.com
Are the archive releases really faux though? They do have a noticeable amount of extra information on the sides, even though the matted portions got lost. I don;t think the Warner releases simply cropped these into widescreen. That said, the UK release of While the City Sleeps does seem to be from a noticeable cleaner source. Beyond a Reasonable Doubt, though, seems strictly a preference between widescreen or fullscreen, though DVDBeaver did recommend the WA release in that case.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by Marcel H.

From Exposure's homepage:

Due to a recent fire at Sony’s UK warehouse, some of Exposure Cinema’s films will be temporarily unavailable at retailers. Customers who wish to purchase Beyond a Reasonable Doubt, While the City Sleeps or Left Bank are urged to place pre-orders so that the title can be despatched as soon as it becomes available.

Well that explains it then. Thanks for sharing this news.

Ray De Luzi

Auditioning
Real Name
Ray De Luzi
Thomas T said:
I had placed an order with Amazon.co.uk for Beyond A Reasonable Doubt since I was very happy with Exposure's While The City Sleeps. I didn't want the faux wide screen of the Warners Archives version. But I got an e-mail from Amazon.Uk that Exposure's Beyond A Reasonable Doubt is no longer available. I wonder why it's been pulled because its only been on the market for a couple of months. I guess I'll have to seek out the Spanish DVD. http://www.thecinemascopecat.blogspot.com
Hi - Just thought I'd mention that Exposure have confirmed that Beyond a Reasonable Doubt will be back on Amazon within the next few weeks. I've tried the Spanish DVD and frankly it's appalling (audio hiss, interlacing and cheap packaging), so I'd say it'd be worth waiting for return of UK version.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Ray De Luzi said:
Hi - Just thought I'd mention that Exposure have confirmed that Beyond a Reasonable Doubt will be back on Amazon within the next few weeks. I've tried the Spanish DVD and frankly it's appalling (audio hiss, interlacing and cheap packaging), so I'd say it'd be worth waiting for return of UK version.
Thanks for the heads up Ray! I'll re-order the title at the end of the month! http://www.thecinemascopecat.blogspot.com

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks