What's new

Fringe Season 4 (1 Viewer)

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Originally Posted by Quentin /t/315036/fringe-season-4/90#post_3899677
Which, I will now state, is what I think happened. I think this timeline IS Peter's home - this is NOT 'another' timeline. He IS home. It's just that no one remembers him.
How can you reconcile that theory (which I've seen elsewhere, so you aren't alone in this regard) with the fact that it the yellow universe Olivia (for example) has no recollection of entire cases from the red universe, such as the husband/wife case referenced in the most recent episode? Taking your point that Peter has been forgotten, how does that lead to the fact that entire cases have been forgotten?

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Plus, Walter is an entirely different person because Peter simply wasn't there for him. I still say it has something to do with David Robert Jones, since his devices caused the "twinning" in that small town. It can't just be whatever Nina's up to with the injections, because Walter is changing, too. He went out in the field confidently for the first time, and that isn't just from working closely with Peter for a short time. It happened at the same time that Olivia started getting these new memories.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Quentin /t/315036/fringe-season-4/90#post_3899677
I don't even like saying "other timeline" for either side, because we STILL don't know if Peter has crossed to an alternate timeline or if the memory/history of him was just erased when he went into the machine. Which, I will now state, is what I think happened. I think this timeline IS Peter's home - this is NOT 'another' timeline. He IS home. It's just that no one remembers him. The fact that Olivia is beginning to remember him is due to her abilities.
I'm not going to say anything about this show with certainty, but the reason your senario doesn't add up is we can plainly see it isn't just memories. It's not that Olivia just didn't remember an adult Peter, it's that she never knew him. It's not just that Walter doesn't remember an adult Peter, it's that he SAW his son die. It happened. There are people alive now who died originally, and there are people who died originally who are alive now. And infinite other differences. That's not just a matter of memories. SOMETHING happened with time, not memories. Whether it's a true split where the original still exists (A) and we have a new one (A') or A was effectively erased from existence and A' only exists, we don't know. Whatever the case, I've been referring to over here as universes A and A' and "over there" as B and B'. If nothing else, it makes discussion easier.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
Correct, Mikah...I shouldn't have used the word "remember". Peter was 'erased' from the timeline. But, IMO, that doesn't necessarily mean he is from another timeline and not this one. However, due to Olivia's abilities it IS like memories for her. So now she is remembering Peter in her timeline.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I've enjoyed this season, but then I also feel like it's been going a lot longer than it has. I was very much expecting us to be close to a season finale, but there are still so many episodes left! Part of me would like it wrapped up sooner than later.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Not really my favorite episode, though I will allow I was pretty tired when watching it. But, the love potion killer didn't really do it for me. Didn't pick up on why he had to kill these people to get what he wanted, or why he was scarred. Again, I was tired. But, I'm not sure about the "you *are* in your own reality" development, either. I guess that was an end of episode revelation and I should give them a chance to explain.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Greg_S_H said:
Not really my favorite episode, though I will allow I was pretty tired when watching it. But, the love potion killer didn't really do it for me. Didn't pick up on why he had to kill these people to get what he wanted, or why he was scarred. Again, I was tired. But, I'm not sure about the "you *are* in your own reality" development, either. I guess that was an end of episode revelation and I should give them a chance to explain.
I agree, I thought it was a pretty weak episode overall. And to me the revelation at the end seemed particularly lazy when the Observer said there was no scientific explanation for it. I mean, they've always explained these alternate worlds at least somehow.
Part of me kind of hopes that the Observer is lying to Peter to serve his own unknown purpose, because it being a different universe at least makes plausible sense within the realm of the show.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
If this is the alternate reality....Isn't it possible our universe's Charlie might still be alive. Since, certain things are different....ie the recent plane not crashing.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I didn't much care for this episode. I just can't get behind the whole porcupeople thing, and why the babe from The Chicago Code (if I watched Community, I would want her on there as Britta's sister, as the resemblance is uncanny (to me)) would want her boyfriend or herself to be one. I have no memory of the original version of this story, though I guess it was really early season one as I do remember the Fringe team looking through airplane wreckage in a hangar (I think)

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Greg_S_H said:
I do remember the Fringe team looking through airplane wreckage in a hangar (I think)
Wasn't that something different? I could've sworn that was when something happened to encase them in something similar to the amber resin they used in the alternate universe.
I don't remember the porcupine people episode at all though either.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Yeah, I think the hangar might have been the amber bus, possibly from the pilot or second episode. I think I'm mixing this up with the train parts in a hangar from Unbreakable and a plane disaster episode from season one of Supernatural.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
We are supposed to find out about renewal or cancellation this week:
http://scifibulletin.com/2012/04/11/fringe-future-decided-this-week/

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
I'd love a 2-hour tie-up movie if they can't do a 13-episode finale. And not down the line. Do it "now" while everyone's available, including all the behind-the-scenes people. The quality will be higher, plus you want to go ahead and free up people as soon as possible so they can get other jobs.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
As I said in the Grimm thread, I have a tough time with deception. When we know something the characters don't for a long time, I get antsy. I'm glad the Broyles situation was blown wide open. Didn't our Fringe division find a way to cure his son? Peter (and the new Olivia) may be the only ones who remember, but if I'm remembering right, they ought to be able to help his kid without having to resort to Jones (which is an avenue presumably closed off to him now anyway).
According to Noble, they have an alternate scene on hand in case they don't get renewed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leif_sauce
Recent bookmarks