Fringe season 3 thread

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Patrick Sun, Sep 23, 2010.

1. SWFF

SWFF Screenwriter

Shawn Francis
    Is that what that thing was? I just remember thinking how strange it was.

2. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    My question about last night's (10/7/10) episode is that is pens are so rare, why would there be a USPS mailbox there? unless people send around flash drives (or their equivalent). I would imagine that if people stopped writing, we'd just live on email, etc.. etc. :)

Jay

3. Hugh Jackes

Hugh Jackes Supporting Actor

Hugh Jackes
    Gotta have a place to drop you Netflix envelopes!

Actually, I would believe that in any universe, that a postal service would be a requirement for any government. It is on this planet. And I can't imagine that the alternate universe's government would act more quickly than ours in trimming unneeded dross.

And yes, I know that the USPS is theoretically a private company, But it isn't really, any more than Fanny or Freddie. Postmaster General used to be a cabinet level position.

4. SWFF

SWFF Screenwriter

Shawn Francis
    Olivia's a dead shot. When the guy jumped on the bus to escape and raised his hands to mock her, if I was her, I would have pulled my gun and blown off one of his fingers, or put a hole in his hand, but, he probably would have predicted that, and taken measures to ensure she would have missed. That dude creeped me out.
    Ironic isn't it, if she had stopped to save her life, with the oxygen canister, she would have ended up getting killed.

5. NeilO

NeilO Producer

The guy was extremely creepy. I wonder if in a later episode he will figure out why it was that Olivia acted differently than predicted. He obviously hadn't figured that she had come from another 'verse.

6. Josh Dial

Josh Dial Cinematographer

Josh Dial

The way I saw it, the fringe events are of supreme importance in this universe. It seems virtually the entire force of the government is behind solving fringe events and trying them to the bigger picture of the war and the threat to their Earth/universe. I would assume the protocol is to shoot last, as you never know when you might be literally killing your best hope at ending the war. Who knows, that just might be the case here.

7. SWFF

SWFF Screenwriter

Shawn Francis
    If I were OIivia, well, "Evil Olivia," I stilI would have blown that mother's pinky off; it's not like he would have died from it.

8. NeilO

NeilO Producer

One of the interesting things of seeing things in the alternate universe is not only seeing the effects of what Walter did, but also humanizing the people from that universe.

9. Spero D

Spero D Second Unit

This ep seemed slightly off to me.

I hope they don't drag out the fake Olivia stuff for too long. That sort of stuff is the domain of cheap daytime soap.

10. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    Yeah, I don't like these kinds of storylines. It'll be a bummer if the switch stays in place until the season finale. Especially if there are a lot of close call, "they almost found me out" moments throughout. Or, heaven forbid, the old, "Bolivia was given the drug, and now she is for all intents and purposes the real Olivia, while the real Olivia is for all intents and purposes Bolivia and they will never switch back."

11. Josh Dial

Josh Dial Cinematographer

Josh Dial
    Personally, I'm loving the two storylines, especially the switch.

The line about Walter "tripping his brains out" had me in tears from laughing. I thought this episode was particularly good in a standout storyline (the switch/two worlds arc).

12. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    Hmm...I'm curious about the Ford Taurus now.

13. Simon Massey

Simon Massey Cinematographer
    Supporter

Simon Massey
    I have a feeling these 2 stories are going to come to a resolution mid season. I doubt they could sustain it all season. Still Im enjoying both storylines

The great thing for me is that at the end of each episode I want another one in the same world - now that's called being hooked

14. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan
    Supporter

Sean
    New episode tonight

15. Simon Massey

Simon Massey Cinematographer
    Supporter

Simon Massey
    Another great episode - they have really stepped up this season. Everything seems to have been well thought out and I cant wait to see how this goes. Whats great is that there not simple settling for standalones and arc episode - there are elements of both in every episode so you never feel like your being kept waiting for answers. So far they have the balance exactly right

Olivia knows....but does Walternate ??

Shame the ratings arent improving and I really hope that if they do cancel at the end of this season, they give the show time to wrap up in a coherent way. If they do commit to more I think the makers of Fringe should do what Lost did and define an end point to the series that they can build to.

Best show on TV IMO at the moment.

16. Bill Cowmeadow

Bill Cowmeadow Second Unit

Agreed, it would be a shame if the sow gets nixed due to low ratings. As stated, it is the best show on this season by a wide margin. The writers are hitting it out of the park making us viewers want more of each episode in each world before the next episode, masterful. Been watching from the start and find the story lines fascinating.

17. Jeffery_H

Jeffery_H Supporting Actor

I have not heard anything about low ratings, in fact just the opposite. In EW they said the show was doing great this season and a TV ad for Fringe on Fox said basically the same thing, "our most acclaimed season yet, find out why" and also "the best season of Fringe". Not sure what the most recent ratings are, but it should be quite good. I would think they have plans for this full year and even next year given what is being said now.

18. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

^ This week's episode hit a season low in terms of ratings. That being said, Fox realizes that Thursday at 9 PM is the toughest timeslot possible so, unless the ratings continue to drop each week, I don't think anyone has to worry.

19. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Screenwriter

I saw on Yahoo a week or so back that it might be on the chopping block but didn't believe it, lets hope it stays on.

I think that is the only show I watch on Thursday too.

20. Duane R

Duane R Second Unit

Fringe is by far my favorite show, and it would be a travesty to see it go away before it has run its course. As others have said, the writers are hitting all the high notes, and have elicited a sympathetic view of the "other side" people and their plight stemming from Walter's meddling. I suspect we won't see Olivia returned to "our" side until season's end or close to it.