What's new

Fringe - Season 2 (1 Viewer)

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
One thing I noticed off this episode was that the seahorse embedded in the molecular structure of the chemical was the same as the one used in the commerical break title cards--the ones which form a code to be deciphered over the course of a season.

The bladed butterflys from season one also match a card, which raises the question as to whether these standalone episodes are truly standalone, or if their relation to "the pattern" is also related to the other reality? Perhaps some of the incidents are glimpses into what's going on (or has already transpired) in the other world. Bladed butterflys killing people, soldiers mutated by using invisiblility technology, cotexiphan-laced people wielding crazy powers, pyrokentetics wreaking havoc, et cetera. What we've see as experiments and trials in "our world," have been taken to the limit in the other world.

Either way, I really enjoy Fringe, and am looking forward to the so-called winter finale.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Walter is really painting himself in a corner re: his comments about doing anything to protect his family.

I kept on expecting a reveal that the antagonist was a Nazi from WWII who had found some formula for anti-aging.

The Winter Finale episode looks awesome.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Originally Posted by Lou Sytsma

I kept on expecting a reveal that the antagonist was a Nazi from WWII who had found some formula for anti-aging.
Well, you sort of got it, seeing as how he looked exactly the same as in the photograph from the late 30's-mid 40's (except for the haircut, obviously).

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Originally Posted by Josh Dial

Well, you sort of got it, seeing as how he looked exactly the same as in the photograph from the late 30's-mid 40's (except for the haircut, obviously).
Yes and was hoping it would play a part in the episode. Maybe downstream.

Hugh Jackes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hugh Jackes
I found myself wondering if the Peter from this universe would have been affected by the toxin where the Peter from the other universe was not.

Of course, the toxin could have been engineered to affect just Walter, but it got me thinking.

Spero D

Second Unit
Great episode and the ending, though I knew it was coming, was incredible.

I can't beleive John Noble wasn't nominated for an emmy.

April can't come quick enough.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Agreed on all counts. Arrrgh - now have to wait till April for the next episode. FOX drives me nuts.

I was kind of surprised they went this route. Really thought Astrid was going to be the one to break this story line open.

This revelation will split the team apart. Olivia is between a rock and a hard place. If she says nothing and Peter finds out, Peter will be upset at her and Walter. If she says anything, the rebuilding of the relationship between Walter and Peter is lost.

The salient question is, is there another Walter in the alternate universe? I hope so, for that is a more dramatic storyline.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Great episode. I'll echo the praise for John Noble--he really should be nominated (but of course won't). The cast is really quite good on all fronts--Joshua Jackson is the surprise for me.

Which brings me slightly off-topic, but since the show is done for over a month, I'll allow myself a digression. I've noticed a trend over the past few years, where actors have really "come into their own" on science fiction shows. These actors usually come from "cheesy" teen dramas, and have all been pleasant surprises. In all honesty, I'd personally either dismissed them completely before watching their new work ("oh, so-and-so is going to be crap in this show") or at the very least approached the character with caution ("I'm not sure so-and-so can pull this off"). I was wrong more than I was right, and I've learned to give actors shots on good shows, before I dismiss them.

Here are the ones I am thinking of specifically:

- Joshua Jackson, on "Fringe"
- Brian Austin Green, "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles"
- Matthew Fox, on "LOST"
- Scott Foley, on "The Unit" (not sci-fi, but still far outside the teen drama role)

Are more and more actors turning to sci-fi and fantasy because they are increasingly becoming accepted as "legitimate," or perhaps because they allow the actor to challenge themselves? The genre itself has been losing its nerdy stereotype recently, so either way, I'm glad to see these stand-out performances on really great shows.

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
It didn't occur to me that Olivia would be able to see Peter 'glimmer'. But then it didn't look like it occured to Walter either so I don't feel too bad.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Originally Posted by BrettB /forum/thread/293060/fringe-season-2/60#post_3657902
It makes sense--at least as much sense as anything else on this show. I assume there's underlying principles at work, that were best summed up by the brief "the universe seeks balance" explanation. Yes it means the building had the same number of people/mass, et cetera, but I'm sure there are a great many details that would need to be fleshed out before it makes actual sense (and, quite, possibly, Walter and William never understood everything, anyway--there were playing with the proverbial fire, afterall).

I think it's one of those instances on a sci-fi show where they would have to explain such a large amount of stuff, that they simply opted to explain almost nothing. I'm fine with that.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
A great episode and I was waiting for Olivia to spot Peter when they were in Jacksonville. Then each time she saw him I was thinking she'd see it. I'm glad they ended the episode with that. The preview for the resumption in April really looked fascinating.

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by NeilO

A great episode and I was waiting for Olivia to spot Peter when they were in Jacksonville. Then each time she saw him I was thinking she'd see it. I'm glad they ended the episode with that. The preview for the resumption in April really looked fascinating.

I'm with you on this. When Walter brought Olivia out of her treatment I thought she would see Peter glimmering.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The lock combination 5-20-10 that Walter mentioned he always uses but doesn't know why is the date of the Season 2 finale. So apparently all hell will break loose on that date (and in that ep). The producers also probably hope FOX does not change the timeslot when they return.

John Swarce

Second Unit
LOL My wife and I noticed that right away! Maybe they will fix it on the DVD/Blu set. At least they spelled "Boston" right!

--John

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks