What's new

Friends Season 6--Disc 1 skipping (1 Viewer)

ChrisC

Grip
Hi there. I'm hoping someone might be able to help me.
On Disc 1 of Friends season 6, about halfway through "The One Where Joey Loses His Insurance", the disc will skip about 5 seconds, then continue normally for about 2 minutes, then skip again. This happens about 3 times.

At first I thought it was a bad layer transition, but it happened multiple times. I exchanged the set, and my new copy is doing the exact same thin in the exact same place.

I am ruling out the player because I'm not having this trouble with any other discs, including ones in the same Friends.

If anyone has an idea of what might be going on here, or if you have had the same problem yourself, I'd greatly appreciate it if you could let me know. Thanks.

Chris

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
Can you give an exact disc time this happened? I will gladly check my disc, but don't remember this happening.

Chris

ChrisC

Grip
I can get a more exact time later, but it's at about 12 minutes into the episode. If you watch the episodes back to back, it's at 1hr 19min when the trouble started.

The scene is at the end of Ross's lecture (with his British accent) and Monica and Rachel are there and another Professor starts to talk to Ross. I miss what the professor says due to the skip. This is the start of the skipping.

Is it possible that my local store got a batch of defective discs? Thanks for your assistance.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
I watched the first three discs of Season 6 today and I didn't have any problems whatsoever.

ChrisC

Grip
Just for reference, it is a cheap 2 year old APEX player I'm using (my roommate bought it so I can't complain, I wouldn't have bought that brand!)

The only reason I thought it was the disc and not the player was that I have had no trouble with any other discs. At the same time, I could easily see why the player might be causing the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks