What's new

Friends - Season 6 Coming January 27! (1 Viewer)

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Very nice. But January is going to be even more expensive for me than November.

-Friends S6
-Frasier S2
-Cheers S2
-Lost In Space S1
-The Critic
-Barney Miller S1
-Curb Your Enthusiasm S1
-Green Acres S1

I may actually have to start prioritizing! :angry:

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
I'll just wait for a few more seasons of Friends to get released so I can buy a bunch of them at a discount price. I got Seasons 1-4 at Worst Buy for around 73 bucks a couple months ago. 75 cents per episode is not a bad deal.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
They really are picking up the releases for this show. Season 1 was in April 2002, Season 2 in September 2002, Season 3 April 2003, Season 4, July, season 5 November, and now season six in January.

I suspect that they're going to release season 7 in March/April, with I'm thinking the whole series being out on DVD in time for the new fall season and the Joey spin-off show they've got green lighted.

John Simon

Second Unit
I'm thinking the whole series being out on DVD in time for the new fall season
That sounds right to me. I wouldn't be totally surprised if they started releasing them every two months. That way, S7 would hit in March, 8 would hit in May, 9 in July, and then the final in September as the new season begins.

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
As the new season begins? I was under the stark impression that this season (season 10) was the last season. Has something changed???

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
He meant the new television season. This is the last year for "Friends", but Matt LeBlanc will back as Joey in his own spinoff series in the fall of 2004.

RossHy

Agent
If I remember correctly, when Friends S4 was released, the MSRP for S1 and S2 were lowered. Will the same thing happened for Seasons 4 & 5 when Season 6 comes out next week?

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
If I remember correctly, when Friends S4 was released, the MSRP for S1 and S2 were lowered. Will the same thing happened for Seasons 4 & 5 when Season 6 comes out next week?
I think the first two seasons' prices were lowered because they were much higher when they first appeared - IIRC, S1 and S2 each went for $70. WB then decided to sell S3 at $45, and all subsequent sets have been the same price. I don't expect they'd drop those prices MORE at this point - according to Amazon, S1 and S2 are now $40 list, so there's probably not enough of a difference between $45 and $40 for WB to bother with a price drop...

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
Season 7 was crap, but Season 8 recovered nicely.

I would have to agree with this, as I am seeing season 8 episodes in sindication right now. Definitely a jump up in quality as compared to season 7.
I am even starting to notice an inconsistency in quality as early as Season 5. Thats not to say there arent some great episodes cause there are, but the show was on fire from Seasons 1-4, then started to slow down from 5-7. I'll still end up buying all 10 though cause I still love the show.

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
I've watched the seasons strait through in order twice (on my third time through right now) and I've loved pretty much every season. Seasons 9 and 10 haven't been my favorites and season 10 in particular has been a little weak, but any show that's been running for 10 years that doesn't rely on alot of action/drama is going to run out of steam near the end. Season 6 may be the weakest in my opinion because of the focus on joey's new roommate, the wedding planning, and the lack of much ross/rachel tension after the divorce is finalized
, but it's still good tv and fun to watch.

Reagan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Reagan
Stephen,

You've confused Season 6 and 7.

The wedding planning didn't happen until season 7. Season 6 ended with the engagement.

I'm picking up Season 6 today, but I wouldn't touch Season 7 (and beyond) with a ten meter cattle prod.

-Reagan

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Season 4 was hands down my favorite season, and contains hands down my favorite episode, the 1 with the embrios, Phoebe goes to the Dr., but the highlight is the contest for the apartment.

I'm a completist so I'll get them all.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks