Friends 11/6/03

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Benny G, Nov 6, 2003.

1. Benny G

Benny G Second Unit

In my opinion, they followed up the best episode of the season with the worst episode ever. Not a single decent subplot, very few funny one-liners.

Ross and Charlie's breakup was absolutely horrible (the story/acting behind it...argh).

2. Jordan_E

Jordan_E Cinematographer

Knowing she was only on the show for a number of episodes took me right out of the "romance," leaving Ross looking like a guy with possibly the worst luck with women of all time. I only liked the last part with Joey and the painting.

3. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden Producer
    Reviewer

Kenneth McAlinden
    The episode felt like it was written by a bunch of amateurs doing their first attempt at Friends fan fiction.

Regards,

4. Thomas H G

Thomas H G Screenwriter

I thought the episode was alright. The painting thing was funny.

Finally Ross is single agan so that they can do the final hooking up of Ross & Rachel.

Greg Kinnear was pretty funny.

I just wish they showed more group (all 6 friends)moments instead of soo much individual time.

5. Jason_V

Jason_V Producer

Jason
    For the first time in three years, I was utterly bored by Friends. I'm starting to think this show should have been killed off last year...on a high note.

6. Jack Fanning

Jack Fanning Second Unit

Jack Fanning
    Not a great episode to be sure, but I had to laugh out loud when Charlie stroked one side of Ross' face and said "I'm sorry" then Kinnear stroked the other side and said "me too"....funny as hell!

7. Benny G

Benny G Second Unit

Can someone explain how this season is going to work? It's not a full season, right? How many new episodes are there going to be? Any information would be appreciated. [​IMG]

8. Craig S

Craig S Producer
    Supporter

Craig Seanor
    There are going to be 18 episodes total. Last night's was the 6th of the season. So there's only 12 more episodes, which will be spread out over the next 6 and 1/2 months. I'll bet most of those will be during the 3 sweeps months (the rest of this month, February & May).

9. Eman_Ramos

Eman_Ramos Stunt Coordinator

Yeah, last night's episode was subpar.

But I must say, Phoebe's "paintings" were CREEPY.

10. Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg Lead Actor

I only saw the last half of the new episode, and I knew where it was headed when I walked in the room. The episode that followed I thought was funnier.

11. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    ICHIBAN!!! I loved when the Money Grant guy asked Ross how to spell that made-up dinosaur..

"B-" "no, it starts with a silent M"

And "Im a pretty little girl"

But i agree, the plot with charlie breaking up with ross was stupid

12. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden Producer
    Reviewer

Kenneth McAlinden
    I think that they mistakenly figured we would all laugh because the two Talk Soup hosts were getting together, so they didn't have to spend much time making it funny. [​IMG]

Regards,

13. Peter Kim

Peter Kim Screenwriter

Good catch, Ken...didn't even register while watching. I've actually found the last two episode to be quite disparate.

14. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

15. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    OT: Ted: Oh man, i LOVE good eats, Alton Brown is like the "Bill Nye" of cooking [​IMG]

16. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

[​IMG] too funny nick. i never thought about it like that, but that's a very accurate description! heh...

17. MickeS

MickeS Producer

This "Friends" episode was OK, but this series has always had really, really sloppy writing, and this episode was no different.

So the other guys next to Ross didn't pipe up? And when Ross wanted to convince the girlfriend that the professor acted the way he said, he didn't go to the oother candidates instead? Yes, we are asked to "suspend disbelief", but this show always pushes it. I find the show funny, but the logic of this show has always, always sucked.

18. Jason Harbaugh

Jason Harbaugh Cinematographer

It was an OK episode.

I just finished watching Season 5 on DVD and it is one of the best seasons of Friends IMO. I listened to the commentaries and they all said and agreed multiple times that the best episodes are the ones where everyone is together and the comedy is just them playing off of each other. I find that very true as well, and something that has been missing from this season. Everyone seems to be off doing their own thing and it just isn't as funny nor engaging.

Hopefully they will get back to that, probably with this years Thanksgiving episode.