Friday the 13th R2 SE?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by StevenJ, Jan 11, 2003.

1. StevenJ

StevenJ Stunt Coordinator

I heard somewhere that there was to be a Region 2 special edition of this film released sometime this year. Can anyone make some truth about this?
    Why does R2 always get better stuff first? When America is the best country in the world? [​IMG]

2. stephen^wilson

stephen^wilson Stunt Coordinator

I believe that the region 2 version which is distributed by Warner will include the new documentary Return to crystal lake and will also contain the unrated version of the movie.Other than that,I don't know if it's been given a release date yet.

3. James Reader

James Reader Screenwriter

According the the leaked R2 Warner release schedule for 2003 (which has been accurate to date) Here, it is down for a September 29th 2003 release.
    (Note: Although I have faith in the schedule as presented, obviously this far in the future it is possible for dates to be altered).

4. Brandon Gantt

Brandon Gantt Second Unit

DVD File reported the news earlier this week.

5. James Reader

James Reader Screenwriter

Oh and StevenJ, you only have to look at that leaked list to see that R2 does not "get the better stuff first" [​IMG] And we have rental releases on some studio's output. [​IMG]
    Oh course the true advantage of R2 PAL is that most of us have equipment that is capable of playing multi-regions and converting or showing PAL and NTSC formats. Meaning that most of us can pick and choose between all regions. The best of both worlds as it were (or even the best of all six worlds!)
    I suggest anyone who is American and complains about R2 releases gets a multi-standards compatiable player. See these threads on the regional DVD forum for more details:
    Please help me - CyberHome 500
    Region Free Question
    NTSC and Multi Region Question

6. Jon Robertson

Jon Robertson Screenwriter

7. Beau

Beau Supporting Actor

8. Edward Schatz

Edward Schatz Second Unit

9. Chuck L

Chuck L Screenwriter

What I find hard to believe at this point is the fact that Paramount would ingnore the request of the fan base of this series and that they would rather have another company, in this case Warner, reap the profits of what will be sold as imports.

If Paramount doesn't plan to release SE of this series stateside, they are simply foolish...then again, with the quality of extra's and titles that are available overseas and not here, I am suprised.

10. Jon Robertson

Jon Robertson Screenwriter

Lord, no, I'm not worked up or angry or anything of the sort, but it did seem a rather unusual opportunity to take up a defiantly patriotic stance.

11. Bingo

Bingo Stunt Coordinator

Let's hope that Paramount looks at the sales of the R2 version and decides a R1 version would make some money.

12. Matthew Brown

Matthew Brown Supporting Actor

Not to divert the thread, but the Cyberhome 500 had some progressive scan issues. These have been corrected but the fix is to send your player back to the company for a replacemnet. Stores won't have the corrected ones for a while.

Matt

13. Dave Mack

Dave Mack Producer

I'm still waiting for the SE of the original "Rollerball" with the 16x9 transfer. It's out overseas and it's an american flick.