What's new

Friday Night Lights season 3 (DirecTV 101) (2 Viewers)

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale

I think mine is an R15, whatever, I've missed the last two weeks due to some glitch.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I bet Coach's blood pressure was up in dangerous levels for a few days after he found out Julie is not his little girl anymore. At least Matt isn't using his new found intimacy with Julie to get back at Coach, that he really cares about her.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Riggins grew up a bit after watching Street become a man in his quest to become a provider for his family, so it's just natural that he's become much more supportive of Lyla in her time of distress. Plus, Riggins calmly dressing down Buddy was a nice scene.

The eruption by JD's father was hinted at from his very first appearance, the classic high-strung father of a QB-wunderkind, living vicariously through his son's talent and exploits. He probably was modelled after Todd Marinovich's father in some respects.

It was weird that there was no Julie in this episode.

Can't believe this season is almost over, and would hate to see this show go the way of the doodoo.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Bittersweet, but a much more effective ending to their season. Glad Matt got a chance to shine one last time. One more episode to go, and I'm not ready for this show to go.

Diallo B

Screenwriter
i didn't realize that there was another episode coming. would have been a great ending scene as far as i am concerned. but i am happy to get another hour.....

this episode was a real tear jerker for me. and i don't shed tears. i misted up a couple of times.

what a great show. i wish more television dramas were as effective at being true to life. this last episode was really, really good.

i will be interested to see how this season fares on nbc.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Really, after seeing this week.. all I have to say is... what a scumbag move. I've thought that about this guy all season, but what a scumbag move.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Great finale. I ain't ashamed to admit tearing up towards the end, but it felt right for the characters. If it comes back they have a new way to re-invent the show, but if this is it, it was a wonderful 3 seasons (albeit truncated in season 2 and 3).

Here's a nice wrap-up interview with Jason Katims, exec producer of FNL (do not read until after watching the finale):

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/fir...r_jason_katims

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Pretty satisfying SERIES finale, although it felt a bit rushed at times.

If there is any possibility of another season, then having Taylor go to East Dillon was a smart move since none of the remaining underclassmen on the team are compelling enough to focus the series around.

They need to do another season just so we can see East Dillon kick the Panthers' ASSES!

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Not sure if anyone reads/listens to Bill Simmons from ESPN Page 2, but every week he does a podcast and this week he had Peter Berg on. Pretty interesting stuff. Particularly how he was actually 100% against casting Kyle Chandler and wanted Dwight Yoakam.

Listen to it here:
ESPN Radio - SuperStream Player

(Keep in mind there isn't much talk about season 3 since Simmons himself is waiting to watch it on NBC as he feels that's when most of his readers will watch it.)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member

I'd be happy with just a 2-hour movie of such of match-up, where JD gets his butt handed to him for the entire game.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks