What's new

Friday Night Lights - Season 2 Thread (1 Viewer)

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member

At the beginning of the season (first or second episode). Smash was doing a TV interview and pretty much talking up how he was the entire team. Added onto that seemed to be some resentment that Smash was captain instead of Saracen. Matt tried to man up and fulfill his "leadership" role as QB and get Smash to tone down the grandstanding a bit and they had their tiff.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Poor Street, he rolls one step forward, and then rolls 2 steps back.

Matt ain't timid no more. He was on it with the new cheerleader like Riggins is with a keg.

Buddy really did roll Eric over in terms of salary, but it should be funny to see how Eric handles the AD job.

Landry's "confession" to his dad was pretty riveting stuff.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I don't see how trashing the car helps much. It's still registered to Landry, and now it's missing. That should raise some suspicion. Lack of physical evidence would help, but they would have the suspects narrowed down. The watch is still out there, too.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Wow. I have to take almost everything positive I said last week back.. now we're moving into goofy soap opera levels with the car burning.

Along with potential destruction of evidence, tampering with an investigation, criminal conspiracy.. this has gone in a really terrible way. I can't believe that after talking to his dad it never came up "you need to claim self defense and that you guys freaked out.. you're still minors, so you won't be in an adult court since it's a first offense, and you can say you panicked.. etc.." No, instead, it's "let's burn the car and involve me in the conspiracy.." ???????

Wow. I just absolutely hate that storyline.

The car is registered to them.
The car will be missing in a surprise (where did it go!)
Everyone will be involved (hell, they will now have to commit insurance fraud to say it was thieved or whatever)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
For a car that old (over 25 years old), do you really think they are carrying much more than liability insurance on it?

Chris

Senior HTF Member

As they are in the US, almost all (including liability) include a provision that will not assist them with replacement of the vehicle, but assist in arson / theft. You'd still have to report the vehicle to the insurance company as why/when it dropped off your policy, so that you wouldn't be responsible for any damages caused by the stolen car.

Would they be filing for insurance $? No, but they'd still be legally required to fill out a police report, at least you would here in KS for stolen property.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
But they can still report it as being stolen, the important thing was to destroy the upholstery inside the car before it could be tied to Landry. At this point the case is circumstantial at best with no fibers from the wagon to be tested against the ones found on the dead guy.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Enter the perfect scapegoat... Santiago... criminal past and all.

Man, I hope not, but next week's preview certainly leans in that direction.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I will go out on a limb here and predict that the car burning will end this story arc. It just seemed to be a symbolic gesture with the father and son putting all this behind them.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Freakin' DVR decided in it's infinant wisdom not to record last night's episode, I guess it figured this ep wasn't for me. :rolleyes:I had to resort to OnDemand which charged me .99 to watch it...but it was worth it for my favorite drama.

Regarding the Landry and car burning affair hey, what can I say, it was a father trying in a desperate panic to help his only son.

I'm not saying it was smart or right but I can understand what motivated Landry's dad to do something so extreme. As for it feeling "soap opera"-ish I disagree, how many times have people tried to cover a crime like that? Countless is my guess.

I loved this episode, Landry breaking down was some deeply dramatic shit and I felt some moisture beginning to swell there. The new cheerleader doesn't mess around! Tell me something, fellas, do things like a girl walking right up to you and acting so giddy and pleased to meet you actually happen in real life lol?

I've never witnessed anything like that.

That girl's soccer coach has got spunk, i'll give her that much hehe. When she threw the deflated ball, excuse me "carcass" at Eric and demanded "what you gonna do bout' those!?" I was almost waiting for Eric to reply "well, in addition to our 30+ footballs we've also got plenty of air pumps, too.". :D

As a sidenote, does anyone else get chills listening to the opening music by Explosions in the Sky? I do, it's so pitch perfect and emotional in and of itself that it puts me instantly in the mood to watch the show. :emoji_thumbsup: Wish I could find it someplace but all I find is music from the movie which is great too but I want the opening theme to the show.

LCD22

Screenwriter

The theme to "Friday Night Lights" is not by Explosions in the Sky; it’s an original composition by series composers W.G. Snuffy Walden and Bennett Salvay. Unfortunately, you won't find it on any CD. I have no idea if it's available on iTunes (I haven't looked), but this should've been on the FNL soundtrack that was released. IMO, this is the best main title theme he's ever done. I myself would love a copy.

Here's W.G. Snuffy Walden's official website (scroll down to May 2007):

http://www.wgsnuffywalden.com/newsframe.html

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Ahh, didn't know that, thanks for the clearification. It sucks that it's so elusive, it's the best opening theme of any show on television at the moment IMO.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
They're saying they are holding FNL and LV back so they can have something new to play throughout the remainder of the season.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
BTW, I couldn't believe they casted Kim Smith as the new girl smitten with Matt. She's far too hot for him. :D

Gotta love this IMDB factoid:

Graduated from Permian High School in Odessa, Texas, which is a real school portrayed in the book/movie Friday Night Lights (2004).

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I thought I had read a few months ago that Rosie O'Donnell was going to play the soccer coach. I guess that didn't come about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks