What's new

Friday Night Lights - Season 2 Thread (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I think she ought to forgive Buddy and help him out. Whatever he did, he's now at rock bottom. Football was everything, and that's pretty much gone.

Walking a baby that distance in 105° heat without the shade even being up seems like a really bad idea. That being the title of the episode. . . .

I wonder how Glen picked Tami up. I didn't see a baby seat anywhere. Even if she had one stashed somewhere, those things are not that easy to install if you don't have the base already put in.

I didn't mind the continuation of the murder storyline, but I also don't really see what Katims meant by asking people to hold off for the next episode. I don't see anything there that would change anyone's mind. Then again, I am not in the mindset of those who oppose the story, so I don't know.

Spero D

Second Unit
Don't worry about Matt as I am sure his new live in Guest will be his rebound :)

The 2nd ep didn't put my mind at any ease over the Landry storyline. The sharks are still circling for me.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I didn't realize until last night the Taylor was not the head coach. I don't know if that was made clear when he was considering the job last season. It makes sense though, now that I think about it. A college would never hire a young high school coach as their head coach. Being an assistant coach will make it easier for Taylor to go back to Dillon. According to next week's previews it appears that might not be too long from now.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Warts and all, this is easily the best ensemble drama currently on the air. In fact, it is one of the best ever. Period.

The episode flew by for me.

The writers consistently weave a tapestry of fairly complex subplots with skill and grace and the acting is uniformly excellent.

I hope Friday Night Lights stays on the air for many seasons to come!

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
Ok, I'll call it right now, Emmy nomination for Connie Britton, awesome,awesome performance last night. I think the professionalism that Coach Taylor exhibited at the hearing impressed the others. I may be wrong but, somehow,I feel Buddy holds the key to bringing everything back together this season.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I hope somebody gets in Buddy's corner soon. He messed up good with his personal life, but he *is* Panther Football. Somebody needs to tell him that the new guy can freeze him out, but they can't take that away from him.

One thing that I think was a dramatic shortcut--did Coach at any time during the phone conversation mention that his wife lived a hundred or more miles away in Dillon? Because, it was a good moment for the player to needle Coach with what is bugging him, but I'm not sure that the guy would know to do that. Without knowing, I would assume the wife was home in Austin while Coach was just having to do his job.

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member
Count my wife and I as not realizing that Taylor wasn't head coach. But, yeah, it does make sense.

I thought it was a great episode. While I share everyone's apprehension about the Tyra/Landry storyline, now that it's happened I don't think they could have done a better job in execution. Some really great moments between the two of them.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
As much as I hated the Buddy character last season, I really find myself sympathetic for him now. I guess that's good writing and/or acting.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I've always liked Buddy, he is a dog however the way the show presents him he comes off as completely human and as a man with demons and weaknesses for the fairer sex. He really screwed up to be sure but I find myself consistantly feeling bad for the man.

The murder plotline is coming together quite nicely so far, while still remaining a typical drmamtic tool used in countless shows it has been imbued with the same realism applied to every other aspect of this show, in short it has been assimilated up to the same quality of the show if you get my drift, not sure i'm explaining it very well.

Count me in as another who didn't know that Eric wasn't head coach, the way he handled the situation with that kid is what made him great in Dillon but like Patrick I couldn't tell if his brand of mentoring is totally welcomed there or not. The head coach was wearing a bit of a poker face when he called Eric into his office and Eric's look of "what exactly just happened?" on his face when he left just cemented that.

I'm also a little concerned for Jason, I just don't want to see him get his hopes up about walking only to have them not happen, he seems to have adjusted fine to his handicap (better than I would anyway) and he doesn't need that kind of let down.

Season 2 is great so far, every bit as compelling and awesome as season 1 was. :emoji_thumbsup:

Go home Eric!!!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Riggins was killing me in this episode. His passion play for Lyla, and car ride with Buddy, and the impending "Riggins and Street go to Mexico" escapade.

McGregor's a big ol' a-hole for what he called Street.

Julie needs some sense slapped into her, but wasnt' expecting it so literally.

I enjoyed Smash and Matt's scrap after the game, plus it gave the caregiver some bruises to work over for Matt, and if you asked Matt about Julie during that bit of physical therapy, he'd say "Julie who?"

Eric wasn't feeling it for the cut-throat nature of college football (when given the task of cutting players). His displeasure over hearing another guy helping out with household repairs was good for a laugh.

Gwon Chang

Stunt Coordinator
I missed minute one of this episode. My Tivo started when Tyra and Landry were in bed. Was the first shot of Glen and Tami together??

I had to watch between my fingers when Matt was getting his massage. I prayed that they wouldn't kiss. Afterwards, I told my wife that I had to trust my show. FNL wouldn't go lame on us now, would they?

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I don't remember what the first shot was, but we didn't see Glenn until Coach called home.

Buddy was the best part of the episode. I loved his inspirational talk with Riggins. "You play *great* hung over!" :laugh: And, his "yes!" when Coach showed up at the dealership.

I hate Julie right now.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
I am amazed how Connie Britton hits it out of the park week after week on FNL!

She's managed to pack more gut-wrenching emotion into the first three episodes of this season than many actors do in an entire career.

If she is not recognized by the Television Academy for her FNL work this year then something is seriously wrong with that organization!

Chris

Senior HTF Member

They played her fairly agressive in season 1 (ala her telling Matt "we should have sex now.." bit).. but in this season, she's kind of a mix of a psycho-ho-bag and an real twirp.

Yeah, I could imagine people wanting to smack her once or twice. Good ep.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Leave it to ol' Buddy to talk some sense into Eric, been waiting since episode one for someone to say exactly what he said to him. :emoji_thumbsup:

That coach is a real asshole for referring to Jason as "the team mascot".

So was Tim being sincere with Lyla when he went to her room or was he trying to play her? I thought he was serious but the way they left things made me doubt my original feelings. I can't see Tim being so blatently obvious and frankly cruel for trying to use Lyla's faith to get into her pants.

I want to say that the first shot was of Landry and Tyra in bed the morning after but the credits mentioned that Brook Langton was supposed to be in the episode but I didn't see her, plus Tim said he saw his bro with her which again I didn't see. :confused:

I don't hate Julie, she's being a rebellious brat but she's a good kid, she's just a little lost right now, hopefully with her dad coming home for good he'll straighten her ass out.

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
First great episode of this season - I hope they get to produce all 22 episodes.

Jesse Brickzin

Stunt Coordinator
Love this show watched the first season in 3 days about a week before the season 2 premiere.Now I am hooked for season 2.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
The Emmys are a joke; their process is broken. Connie Britton wasn't nominated for season one either, which of course was like travesty #2468 in their sorry history.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks