What's new

Fresh Prince of Bel-Air: Anybody else waiting for this on DVD? (1 Viewer)

David Illingworth II

Second Unit
I think this show is really great, and especially great considering it had all the potential to be awful. Instead, we have a remarkable collection of Will Smith's talent, perhaps far more than we ever will in movies (simply from the sheer volume of episodes), and yet nowhere to be found on DVD. Don't you ever feel like every show but the one you're waiting for is getting released on DVD? Will&Grace, Frasier, Malcolm in the Middle, those are all nice, but no Fresh Prince, or Cosby, or Seinfeld, or NewsRadio, or Thundercats ... etc.
Maybe Dave Lambert can tell us if there are requests for it on his site.

David Illingworth II

Second Unit
Hmm, maybe there aren't as many fans as I thought. If you haven't seen it though, it's a good show. And Tatyana Ali grew up to be unbelievably sexy right on the show!

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
I'm a fan and if it were made available in season sets I would consider a purchase depending on cost.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
I will only buy it in season sets and with an extra totally devoted to Carlton's dance moves. :D

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
I loved this series, but I've only seen the series finale once, when it originally aired. I can never seem to find it in re-runs. This is a must-buy for me. Did anyone listen to DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince back then?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Top 5% of requested series, with 95% of voters wanting season sets.

And I'm a season set voter...

...and parents just don't understand. :wink:

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I would snatch every single season. The show is somewhat dated, but nostalgia is a powerful thing. And Will Smith rules. Chuck, do everyone a favor, next time, just stay the hell away from the thread.

--
Holadem

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
I wouldn't mind it. Despite the fact that if rumors are true, the reason why Avery left the original Turtles show mid season 1993 was to concentrate more on Fresh Prince, heh.

First, Best, and ONLY Voice of Shredder ;).

I want every season of Fresh Prince !! this is one of the funniest sitcoms ever, They should also release the Waynes Bros Sitcom on dvd :emoji_thumbsup:

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I loved this series, but I've only seen the series finale once, when it originally aired. I can never seem to find it in re-runs.
Man I must've seen that finale about 10 times over the past 6-7 years........to the point where I'm actually sick of it. lol.

The show in general is great. I'd pick it up if it were to become available. Mind you, it was pretty surreal how Vivian could give birth to a baby, who in turn was 6 years old the following season. lol. Aside from that, it was indeed entertaining. My favorite episode was the one where Will and his fiancee's father crashed a plane and wound up deserted. That was hilarious.

Wezzo

Second Unit
Would love it -- in my top 10 most wanted, along with Diff'rent Strokes, Newsradio, Hey Arnold, et al. Would purchase every season set, easily.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
"I whistled for a cab
And when it came near
The license plate said FRESH
And it had dice in the mirror"...

It would be interesting to see again. Yes, Warner has the rights to it. They also have the rights to another Quincy Jones-produced TV show. That would be your favorite and mine, "Mad TV".

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

RELEASE BOTH! RELEASE BOTH!

Harminder

Second Unit
Real Name
Harminder
I'm actually DYING for this to be released on DVD with a TON of extras! Not only me, but a lot of my friends who grew up with this show like myself.

Once I hear a release date for season one, I'm pre-ordering baby! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks