French Lubitsch's DVDs

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Miguel M Santos, Apr 2, 2007.

1. Miguel M Santos

Miguel M Santos Stunt Coordinator

Miguel M Santos
    Does anyone have any of the three Lubitsch's released last in year in France: DESIGN FOR LIVING, BLUEBEARD'S EIGHT WIFE and IF I HAD A MILLION? I'm interested to know their quality.

Thanks.

2. Irina

Irina Second Unit

I have ordered BLUEBEARD'S EIGHT WIFE and IF I HAD A MILLION from France and have not received them yet. Design For Living was released as part of Gary Cooper's Franchise Collection in R1 some time ago.

By the way, BLUEBEARD'S EIGHT WIFE and IF I HAD A MILLION along with ONE HOUR WITH YOU and THAT LADY IN ERMINE were recently released in Spain. The quality is quite reasonable and without forced Spanish subtitles.

I have received the two French Lubitsch DVDs today. The good news is that the quality is very good. The bad news is that the subs are forced.

3. Miguel M Santos

Miguel M Santos

Irina, how do the spanish and french versions compare in terms of picture quality?

4. Irina

Irina Second Unit

Miguel,

I can only judge the titles that I have. I do not have the same titles from both France and Spain and cannot do an exact comparison.

The quality of the Spanish One Hour With You and lady In Ermine is average and the quality of the French ones I have (Bluebeard's Eight Wives and If I Had A Million) is very good.

5. Miguel M Santos

Miguel M Santos
    Thanks. For some reason I thought you had access to both editions.