What's new

French DTS DVDS... (1 Viewer)

Brett C

Second Unit
Hi, can someone please tell me what DVDS are available in France with English DTS tracks and Removable subtitles??? For instance does the DTS DVD of Kiss Of The Dragon And the first Scream in DTS have removable subs? I already own the DTS discs of Sleepy Hollow And Dark City which sound awesome, currently looking for others though...

John O

Stunt Coordinator
I just bought Summer of Sam, looks and sounds great. Now I have to add Sleepy Hollow and Dark City to my list :).

Tom_Bechet

Second Unit
Brett C, there are loads of french discs out there with DTS a lot also with english DTS. The current KOD disc has removable subs so that is no problem, If you cannot wait for the UK disc (which should have DTS too as it is a FOX, but maybe as EUROPE distribute it in France they may not give fox the DTS track,eeermmm ignore this it doesn't really make sense) go for the french disc it misses the director's commentary from the R1 but has DTS instead.
By the way if you like the soundtrack then go for the collector's edition which has the same extras + CD of the music inspired by the film and the OST on another CD
The best place to check which french DVDs have DTS is this:www.dvdfr.com But it is in french only!! It accepts the original film titles in a search so there shouldn't be a problem.
You can also trywww.dvdrama.net again french only for reviews and more info.
Bad news for Scream though dvdfr.com says "Sous-titres imposés sur la VO " which means non-removable subs.( but AFAIK if you have certain SONY players you can get around the User Prohibitions)
@John O: go for the Dark City french disc it is absolutely stunning. great visuals even though you have 2 DTS tracks 2 DD5.1 and one audio commentary(and removable subs!!!). One word of warning though some of the extras and the menus are in french only. Actually that's only an issue if you cannot read/understand french.
OK I guess that's more than enough for my first post ever on this site, by the way hello everyone!;)

John O

Stunt Coordinator
Welcome Tom :). Thanks for the Dark City info, I now have a replacement for my recently sold DTS LD ;)

Aaron Carr

Agent
Just wanted to jump in here and let those that are interested in buying the French DTS release of Scream know that the subtitles on the disc are optional. This is the disc released by Film Office so when playing the English DTS track you can turn the subs off. Some other French DTS releases with English DTS tracks are...

Spawn (note the DTS track is 5.0 no LFE channel)

Stir of Echoes

What Women Want

The Messenger

Play it to the Bone

Reindeer Games (actually called Piege Fatal in France)

Billy Elliot

Scary Movie

Scream 3

The Skulls

The Talented Mr. Ripley

Under Suspicion

The Watcher

The Yards

Also there are quite a few interesting Belgium discs that have English DTS tracks if anyone is interested let me know and I'll post them.

Brett C

Second Unit
Hi, Aaron thanks for the posting of these discs,so you can actually turn the subs off the Scream DVD,everyone seems to have a different opinion about that.The list you just gave which are the ones with removable subs? And I'm very interested in knowing what Belgium DVDs have DTS tracks and where they can be ordered from...

Aaron Carr

Agent
Hey Brett your welcome always glad to help out. I am 100% sure that the DTS Scream released by Film Office has optional subtitles I actually have the disc right here. Out of those others I listed all but maybe Stir of Echoes and The Talented Mr. Riply have optional subs I will have to double check on those two and get back to you. As for some of those Dutch/Belgium discs these all have optional subs when playing the DTS track...
The Mask
The Real McCoy
Feeling Minnesota
Dracula 2000
Dungeons & Dragons
Scary Movie 2
Kundun
Stargate
Way of the Gun
Menace to Society
The best place to buy Dutch/Belgium disc is either www.dvdzone2.com or www.proxis.nl . I will e-mail you an up to date list that I've been creating of all the DTS DVD's with English DTS tracks from around the world that have been released or are soon to be released. It should be done in the next day or so.

Quint van der Vaart

Second Unit
I am adding some titles to that list of yours Aaron just to give an insight at some more dts discs from Holland and France :
Holland :
Ratrace (English DTS/Dutch Release)
Requiem For A Dream (English DTS/Dutch Release)
Way Of The Gun (English DTS/Dutch Release)
Bless The Child (English DTS/Dutch Release)
Godzilla Superbit (English DTS/Dutch Release)
Dirty Dancing (English DTS/Dutch Release)
The Others (English DTS/Upcoming Dutch Release)
D-Tox (English DTS/Upcoming Dutch Release)
Elevation Tour : U2 (English DTS/Upcoming Dutch Release)
There is also Brotherhood Of The Wolf , Vidocq , Malena and Kamikaze with DTS but they are French/Italian tracks and I don't think they will have English subtitles.
We have a company called RCV that is releasing many DTS dvd's this year and has many to follow like We Were Soldiers, Austin Powers 3 , Blade 2 and Domestic Disturbance.
France :
Ghosts Of Mars 2-disc set (English DTS/ Removable sub)
Kiss Of The Dragon 2-disc set (English DTS/ Removable sub)
Scream 3 (English DTS / Removable sub)
Scary Movie 1 (English DTS / Removable sub)
Also you chould check out Japan.
They have quite nice DTS tracks in full bitrate.
Some titles include :
Spy Kids
Cutthroat Island
Final Fantasy : Spirit's Within
Chocolat
Dracula 2000
Blade 1
Check them all out, some are well worth it :)

Chad B.

Second Unit
These lists of French and Dutch dts DVDs include some great titles, but are they all anamorphic?

Brett C

Second Unit
I was under the impression that the subs were unremovable on the French Ghosts Of Mars DVD as Vampires was released by the same company there and the subs were not removable...Thats great info on those Dutch releases I hope they are all animorphic with removable subs.If so I'll have to start ordering...And I/m fully aware of the great DTS DVDs from Japan,I can't wait for Blade...:)

Aaron Carr

Agent
Quint~

Thanks for adding those titles to the list I will add them to the master list I am creating. I need to do some homework to find out what studios are releasing those Dutch discs like Ratrace, Requiem For A Dream , The Others and so on. Your right about those Japanese DTS releases they are amazing I own all of them so far including the now out of print DTS Armageddon and I'm very excited about DTS Blade which I hear is going to have a full rate 1509kbps DTS track. I'll add a couple more intersting titles to the Japanese DTS list...

Soldier (DTS 1509kbps)

Notting Hill (DTS 1509kbps)

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (one of my favs DTS 1509)

The Cider House Rules (DTS 1509)

The Cell (DTS 1509)

The 6th Day (DTS 1509)

Scream 3 (DTS *bit rate to be confirmed)

Sixth Sense (DTS 1509)

The Mummy Returns (DTS 754kbps)

Being John Malkovich (DTS 1509)

I will confirm the bit rate of Scream 3 along with some other titles and all that information along with listing which titles are Anamorphic and Non-Anamorphic in my upcoming list. It's going to look very similar to the list that Brian Wescombe started that I'm sure most of you have seen before. However his list is VERY incomplete and a lot of information on disc specs is inaccurate.

Oh to answer your question Chad the Dutch and French discs I posted are all Anamorphic I will have to look into the other new ones that Quint just put up to confirm if they are but I would guess yes if they are released by some of the studios who have put out DTS releases already.

Aaron Carr

Agent
One last thing I forgot to mention the French release of John Carpenter's Vampires never had a English DTS track dvdfr.com is mistaken the 2 disc special edition had only a French DTS track. Film Office is pretty good about having optional subs on their discs but I'll have to look into it a bit more. That's pretty much my reason for wanting to create the DTS list that I am working on to sort out all the misinformation that some sites post.

Brett C

Second Unit
Actually John Carpenters Vampires DOES have an English DTS track, cause I own it.I got the DVD the day it came out but the subs can't be switched off.So thats why I say its a pretty good bet that Ghosts Of Mars has non removable subs as its released by Paramount,the same company that released this disc...

Quint van der Vaart

Second Unit
To give you all some more info on the titles on my list I will be adding studio and if they are anamorphic.

Ratrace (RCV/ Anamorphic Widescreen)

Requiem For A Dream (Universal Benelux / Anamorphic )

Way Of The Gun (Universal Benelux / Anamorphic )

Bless The Child (Universal Benelux / Anamorphic )

Godzilla Superbit (Columbia Tristar / Anamorphic )

Dirty Dancing (Video Express / Widescreen only)

The Others (RCV / Anamorphic Widescreen )

D-Tox (Universal Benelux / Anamorphic Widescreen )

Elevation Tour : U2 (EMI / Anamorphic Widescreen )

We also have a DTS versions of Dark City , The Mummy Returns , Most Wanted , Universal Soldier and Under Suspicion , which I think were pretty good also.

On your list below I've added studio which released it :

The Mask (Universal Benelux)

The Real McCoy (Universal Benelux)

Feeling Minnesota (Universal Benelux)

Dracula 2000 (RCV)

Dungeons & Dragons (Universal Benelux)

Scary Movie 2 (RCV)

Kundun (A-Film Entertainment)

Stargate (RCV)

Way of the Gun (Universal Benelux)

Menace to Society (Universal Benelux)

Aaron : I also own a copy of Armageddon DTS and it sound realy good.

It's a nice substitute for the Armageddon DTS laserdisc I had one time.

Will*M

Grip
for anybody that's interested, there is a ferman SE of the fifth element that has a dts-es 6.1 channel english mix on it. not sure of the bit rate though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks