What's new

"Free Shipping" delivery time with DeepDiscountDVD. Your experiences? (1 Viewer)

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Linda, I suggest you read the forum guidelines. It is not permitted to give specific information on retailers breaking street dates. You can say you got a title early, just not where, which pretty much excludes you from talking about it in this thread. There were some ugly situations some time back, threatened legal action and such which resulted in this rule.

For myself, I have always been satisfied with the deliveries from DDD. I should point out I have never bought new releases from them, though. I generally receive my discs within a week of ordering. Even during the last sale I got sood service. About half the title I ordered were out of stock, but I had them all within a couple weeks, which was faster than they said it would take. They also kept me updated on expected arrival times.

4th class and Media Mail are the same thing. Something to remember is that it can be delayed if the USPS gets too busy, since media mail has low priority. On the other hand, it is often as fast as 1st class. Once I had a DVD coming from buy.com which was shipped Priority (supposedly better than 1st class) with tracking and it took about 6 weeks, so you never know. It's not all up to the shipper.

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda
John -- Thank you for the needed reminder. I had, of course, read the rules, but had somehow totally forgotten that one, and I've even read many other such reminders to various members in other threads. My bad, and thank you for pointing it out. I've edited to remove my specific comments.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
No prob Linda. I'm just surprised it wasn't pointed out before now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks