What's new

Free mgm dvds at pizza hut !!!!! (1 Viewer)

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Sheesh, its not like i order every day from there, maybe once a month, and i share too, so no problems , good one Howard !:)

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Actually it does sound like the suits knew the difference if they went out of their way to produce a P&S version with forced commercials instead of the W/S anamorphic version that already existed for B&TBJ.
Do you know for a fact the B&T disc at Pizza Hut is not WS? Nothing I have read indicates that. In fact, someone at DVDTalk did say it's anamorphic widescreen.

Lane_S

Agent
Does everyone complaining understand that the discs are "Free", as in "if you were going to order a pizza anyway, this doesn't in anyway effect the price paid".

Sounds like a good way to get some lesser friends and relative's Christmas shopping out of the way to me.

Larry P

Stunt Coordinator
Do they come in those funky little cd size cases as shown in the commercials and on the website (small pic)?

NO OAR = NO SALE

NO PEPPORONI = NO SALE

Gabe D

Senior HTF Member
My Bill and Ted DVD came in an envelope the size of the disc.

I watched it last night. The ten minutes of commercials were for MGM DVDs. There were trailers for Die Another Day and Agent Cody Banks, commercials for the James Bond DVD collection and '80s comedies on DVD. There may have been one or two others. There was also a thirty-second PSA about the joy of reading (or something like that).

After the ads came the menu where you could choose to watch with or without Spanish subtitles. I chose no subtitles, and the movie started. It was presented in glorious anamorphic widescreen. That's right, you can rest easy and feel free to order lots of food from Pizza Hut.

Incidentally, my large pizza (thin and crispy, with sausage) did NOT fit in my LaserDisc player.

James Bergeron

Supporting Actor
GAG! Pizza Hut SUCKS! :thumbsdown:

I don't know what it is but it's soooo greasy.

I find all Pizza in the US sucks :) But hey I'm Canadian and our pizza is the best :).

Terry St

Second Unit
GAG! Pizza Hut SUCKS!

I don't know what it is but it's soooo greasy.
When I was in highschool I worked at a Pizza Hut for a while. The pizza pan's were washed in an industrial dish washer after each use but, as time goes on, crud builds up on the pans that the dish-washer can't remove. The pans must undergo a process similar to how you clean your oven to get rid of this build-up. This takes effort so, naturally, it isn't done that often. The more build-up there is in a pan the more oil is required to keep dough from sticking to it. Of course, like most fast-food places, the amount of oil put in each pan is rigidly spec'd out, measured, and doesn't take the cleanliness of the pan into account at all. Hence, *way* more oil than is needed is typically used. This results in a greasy crust.

Of course, if the grease you are complaining about is on top of the pizza then your selection of toppings is to be blamed. If you put anchovies, italian sausage, pepperoni, and extra cheese on a pizza it is going to be a grease-ball no matter what you do. Pizza-hut's Italian sausage in particular is nasty stuff. Pizza from other places might seem less greasy with the same ingredients but that is probably because they use less of them rather than any inherent differences in quality. Personally, I still refuse to eat at Pizza Hut. There's better pizza out there, and I prefer unknown dangers to known ones. Free DVD's won't change that unless they start handing out Criterions! :D

P.S. Pizza hut used to sell hand-tossed pizza in addition to pan pizza. The stuff was actually hand-tossed (Trust me, I've tossed the stuff personally) and was a lot less greasy. However, employee's were actually having fun hand-tossing the stuff so they replaced it with some stretchy crap that was a lot greasier.

WilliamG

Supporting Actor
I passed our local Hut last night on the way home from work and saw the ad on their sign: "FREE DVD W/LARGE PIZZA!" Sorry, but something started to smell when I read that, and it wasn't cold anchovies. (yeah, I know-you can't get those anymore...)

Then, I saw the commercial on TV after I got home. My wife looked at me to see my reaction, which was, in effect, "NO WAY." After asking the obligatory "why" I told her to look at the titles and see if she really wanted any of those.

Answer: Nope, not even free. There ya go.
End of Story.
:thumbsdown: :frowning: :thumbsdown:

Matt Pasant

Second Unit
So I got Bill and Teds with my large pizza on Wednesday, well its also compressed way more than the other which I swear was a dual-layered dvd. I look at the files sizes on dvds from time to time, and the pizza hut one clocks in at 3.85 gigs.

-- Matt

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
The old DVD is 6.48 GB. I don't think the Pizza Hut oen has the alternate language tracks of the first, but as they were all 2-channel mono, I doubt they took up a lot of space. Certainly not enough to make up for compressing the film down to less than 60% of its original size.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Shows you that the studios STILL aren't trying to educate their public with regards to aspect ratios... you get a FREE DVD in cereal or at Pizza Hut, which no one is going to complain about if it is widescreen, but the studio's choice is to promote the f***ing pan and scan crap. Unreal.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks