What's new

Free Hollywwod Video Coupon (1 Viewer)

Hey fellow HT'ers, this is my first thread:b

Found this in the "soccer mom coupon" forums and was surprised it wasn't here as well. So since I've gained a wealth of HT knowledge from you guys, I thought I'd share the love.

I tried it tonight and my HV refused it :angry: . They said since the "big" mgr. wasn't there, and they had never seen it, they couldn't honor it.

I made them try it anyways and it worked. The coupons says you can use this at any HV until 9/30/03.

I'm gonna raise hell tomorrow and get my free movies until Sep 30th

Theoretically, that means you can rent 1 free movie per day until it expires. (What were they thinking?!?!?)

It seems I have not been here long enough to post URL's in my threads so copy (add the prefix) and paste this...

techdeals.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2408

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hello Aole! (Does that rhyme?):confused:

Welcome aboard the good ship HTF! Thanks for posting an excellent offer.

I am not trying to hijack your thread, but your post put me in mind that I just stumbled upon my own HV coupon deal -- the more the merrier as we say...

I found HV coupons on the back of "specially marked boxes" of Honey Nut Cluster cereal at my local market. There are two coupons. The first is good for one free movie rental when you rent one (good on all new releases, DVDs & Hollywood Film Library movies). The second is for one free Hollywood Film Library movie rental (no rental necessary). Coupons are good until June 30, 2004.

BTW, here is the link to the deal Aole explained above!

Thanks. That's funny, I was born and raised in Albany/Schenectady until moving down here to PA.

Is that Price Chopper that has the cereals? I don't like Honey Nut Clusters, but I think my mother does.

I wonder if they'll take all of the scanned coupons I'm gonna be bringing in:D

and its pronounced i-OWE-lay:D

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
and its pronounced i-OWE-lay
Okay then. Heigh-HO-lay, Aole! ;)

Although I usually shop at Hannaford, I DID happen to be in a PriceChopper when I spied the coupons. Was there using some double-manufacturer-coupons, in fact--smart shopper that I am! :D

And, Aole, we really miss you back here in the greater Capital District region!

Yeah, I miss it too. I'm sure the HV would've accept my coupons in Albany, no questions asked!

From the amount of views, it looks like some people are downloading the coupons.

Someone let me know if they are successful.

It worked! They accepted my coupon through gritted teeth. Ha!

Free movie a day for almost 2 months. Sweet deal!:D

Brian Johnson

Supporting Actor
Great find. :emoji_thumbsup:

I will try this Wednesday night after work. (no home printer)
Curious to see if my local store will honor it.

JeffTodd

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the heads up!

I will print this out when I get home and then proceed to HV to reap the benefits. (hopefully)

Brian Knauss

Stunt Coordinator
They technically should allow this every day for the next month and a half. If not, since it says "one per customer per visit", it would be false advertising.

This is about as good as when amazon had "buy 2 get one free" video games. Too bad the first game that shipped was the free one. Lots of people cancelled the next two games and had a free game (I got GTA3 when it first came out for free... simply amazing).

That's what I printed it out in. They accepted it, with little problems.

I actually got into a discussion with the HV employee while she was ringing me up. She asked where I got it from and I told her, then she asked me if I had to register my name or anything.

Basically she was questioning the validity of the coupon without directly accusing me. I told her if he barcode works in your system, it's gotta be from HV. I don't have the time or patience to make up false rental coupons, most of my time is spent watching movies (duh) Plus, wouldn't HV corporate have issued some kinda global memo denouncing the coupons

long story short, she agreed that you could print a copy for every day until 9/30, so rent-on!:D

Shawn_Sek

Stunt Coordinator
they wouldnt take the coupon at my local Hollywood Video today stating that they do not accept photocopies/prints PERIOD. she wouldnt even try it. the coupon does NOT say photocopies will not be accepted so i wonder if legally theyre allowed to refuse it. oh well, it was worth a try.

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
The clerk at my local HV accepted it--slightly-smeared ink and all (at least the UPC was still intact)--without any hassle; in fact--after I handed it over to him, he took a look at it and said, "Cool."

Shawn--maybe you should have pushed a bit harder on the "no reproduction" issue with the clerk; that, and the fact that the coupon does state that it is "valid at all locations." If that particular store still refuses to accept it, then perhaps you could go to another HV store if there is indeed more than one in your neck of the woods.

--edited to remove incorrect info regarding $3 credit--

JeffTodd

Stunt Coordinator
Coupon worked like a champ. The clerk asked if this was something I got in my email. I asked him if they were getting a lot of them. He replied that they had gotten some, but not many.

I can see myself getting caught up on some movie watching real soon.

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
George--are you printing the coupon directly from Internet Explorer (or whatever web browser you're using)? I think the idea is to save the coupon as an image (e.g., jpeg), then print it from your favorite graphics program; depending on what program you use, however--you may find that you'll need to adjust the resolution (dpi) of the saved image (coupon) to 300 or 600--depending on which dpi image you saved--before printing it so that it'll be printed with the correct dimensions (6" x 2.5")...apparently, when I saved the image from IE, it got saved at 5000 dpi...

Oh yeah--in case you HV patrons didn't know already...rent "Bringing Down the House"--if anything because you'll get a $3 rental credit (technically it's a 3 x $1 rental credit--meaning, $1 off each of your next three paid rentals) if you return it the following day. Think about these apples--imagine how many rental credits you can rack up for free just by renting BDTH as many times as you can while the $3 rental credit offer is still valid (I don't know if you're restricted to renting just one copy of BDTH per day and/or per account--otherwise, one could theoretically rent a bunch of copies of BDTH per day in order to get as many credits as possible), using your "endless" supply of free rental coupons.:D

Is the above underhanded, sneaky, unfair, and/or morally unsound? Maybe, but hey--there's nothing in the coupon and/or the return credit policy AFAICT that would prevent someone from attempting to do so.

Of course...you didn't hear this idea from me, nor am I advocating that people should go ahead and do this...;)

Rob Buonpastore

Auditioning
Just to let some of the other guys know I've since used this 3 times and it worked perfectly everytime. I used it once on Friday, brought the movie back today and got another one. Then I told my little sister about this coupon and 15 minutes after I left the store she went and rented another one with the coupon. Bare in mind this is my parents account we are under. I can't believe they held true to it. Thanks and this thread kicks ass :D.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks