What's new

Free FOX Demo Disc #1 DVD!! (1 Viewer)

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
Guys, the highlight of the disc, bar none, is the video clip of the "laser wire practice" sequence from Entrapment.
You know the one I mean.
I've had it running on an A-B loop for the past three hours.
See you bright and early Friday morning. ;)
-mwb-

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
Here's a brief rundown on what's on the disc:

Best Picture section:

-Edward Scissorhands "Entering the Castle"

-Entrapment "Laser Wire Practice"

-Fight Club "Plane Crash"

-The Last of the Mohicans "I Will Find You"

-The Thin Red Line "Assault on the Hill"

-Titus "Opening Credits"

-X-Men "Kidnapping at the Railroad Station"

Film Restoration:

-Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

-The Seven Year Itch

-Film Restoration Comparison

Each clip is around 1:30 long on average.

Best Sound:

-Cast Away "Plane Crash"

-Courage Under Fire "Night Assault"

-Independence Day "The White House"

-The Siege "Hostage Crisis"

-Titan A.E. "Ice Field"

-The X-Files "Bee Dome"

Features: (commentaries and documentaries are just snippets of the full versions, not the whole thing)

Commentary Tracks:

-Fight Club

-Batman the Movie

-Big Trouble in Little China

Text Commentary:

-Die Hard

Deleted Scenes:

-The X-Files Season Four

-Alien "Dallas cocooned"

-Me, Myself, and Irene "warming the watermelon"

Documentaries/Vignettes:

-Cast Away

-Cleopatra

Easter Eggs:

-X-Men "Spiderman"

-Die Hard "Gag Reel"

Interactive Features:

-Die Hard Editing Suite

DVD Glossary

Anamorphic Guide (The Digital Bits)

THX Optimizer

Cavalcade THX trailer

Tex THX trailer

Ice Age theatrical trailer

There are clips of Planet of the Apes and Moulin Rouge during the intro to the DVD, but I haven't found anything else regarding them on the disc so far. I thought they would have put something from them on the disc to promote them a little more during the holidays.

Hope this helps someone,

-mwb-

Ned

Supporting Actor
No section explaining what Widescreen is and why Pan and Scan is bad? Oh well, could have been a good opportunity to show the ignorant.

AdrianOC

Stunt Coordinator
If they are still available, would someone be able to pick one up for me? :)
We don't have Best Buys in Ireland! :frowning:

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
No section explaining what Widescreen is and why Pan and Scan is bad? Oh well, could have been a good opportunity to show the ignorant.
I didn't read everything, but there the difference between pan and scan and widescreen is discussed in the "Anamorphic Guide" section.

-mwb-

MattGuyOR

Stunt Coordinator
Any idea how many each store will have to pass out? Or how long they may have them? I don't want to get my bum outta bed and drive the 30 miles up to Best Buy if they run out first thing.

Pete B

Auditioning
Hello all of you nice people south of the border. I also was wondering if some kind soul could pick one up for me, a poor Canadian who has nothing to look forward to in this long, cold winter we are entering into. Have to feed the sled dogs, patch the igloo, and tape up the ol' hockey stick today...as well as stock up on food for the winter. If anyone does feel in a kind mood, Emailme at [email protected] I'd be happy to sell a dog or two to send some money your way.
Thanks in advance.

Gary Molloy

Auditioning
As I live in the Uk could someone please pick one of these up for me? I would be really grateful & I will pay for the shipping ect. My email is [email protected] if you want to email me.
Many Thanks in advance.
Cheers Gary

Jeremy_Z

Agent
I just came back from Best Buy after waiting in line for a while. They did have the demo, but be warned..it's free only with purchase.

tyler O

Stunt Coordinator
Actually, I just walked into my local best buy (after standing in line of course), smiled at the guy that was giving them out, said "This is the only reason I came in today.", made my way through the crowd and drove home with no purchase at all. They were giving them out at the door though, one per person. I'm happy. :) After work I'll giver her a spin.

Christopher D

Second Unit
Interesting -- at mine they had a rolling rack of them back by the DVDs. It had a price tag of "$4.99/Coupon" on it, and rang up as "$0.00".

I had planned to grab one and dash as well, but picked up a couple of titles while I was there. I wonder how long they'll last -- looks like a nice disc.

Stu Rosen

Second Unit
I was out this morning, and went to Best Buy -- the lot was packed, the store was jammed, and all samplers were handed out by 7:15 this morning. Absolutely insane. Nice idea, the sampler, but I can't say I'd pay anything for it or worry about missing out on it.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I was going to get one this morning but decided not to. I'd rather this disc get into the hands of someone who is not familiar with OAR. I have plenty of demo A/B material at my place to explain OAR to my friends. Hopefully this fantastic effort from Fox will pay off in education of the masses.

Why don't more studios do this?

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
EVERYONE!!!

There is a BRAND NEW 'tex THX trailer' for 6.1!!

It's STILL the same trailer, but after TEx is finished with the left surround speaker he then goes to the center surrounds and starts to saw at the speaker, falls down and says "umfp!"(falling down sound)

Really funny!

RicP

Screenwriter
John,
That trailer isn't exactly "Brand New". It was on the THX 6.1 Trailer DVD that was released about 2 years ago.
It's never been placed on a regular DVD to my knowledge, but it's not "Brand New" per se. :)

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Well, I managed to get up at 7 this morning and get to the Best Buy on Arden Way at 8:00, and waited in line outside for a friggin' hour before I could even get in! Once inside I couldn't find any of these discs, but they had a ton of "Planet of the Apes" discs in one spot and I found a Fox Demo Disc stashed among them! I would have bought something (like a $49 Dreamcast!) while there but the lines to the registers went to the back of the store, and I had to be at my job at 9:45 so I had to run by the time I had the disc! I would've grabbed some extras for the people who couldn't make it there, but I felt lucky enough to get my hands on just one. I would've been REALLY pissed if I didn't get one after getting up early and waiting outside for an hour!

I'm a total geek for this sort of stuff, so this was a must-have as soon as I heard about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks