What's new

Frasier - Series Finale 5/13/04 (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i thought the woman on the plane was jennifer beals.

David S

Stunt Coordinator
Curiuos as to when he called Bebe(I believe) and accepted the job offer in "San Francisco". How does this tie into him ending up in Chicago?

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
He wasn't moving to Chicago, he was going to Chicago to try to win Charlotte back. He still held him job in San Francisco, for all we know.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The woman on the plane next to Frasier *was* Jennifer Beals (whose was last seen on "The L Word" on Showtime).

Frasier planned to go to San Franciso to pursue the work opportunity, but in the end, he decides to follow his heart, and his heart is in Chicago in the person of Charlotte.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

I don't think so. I think he gave up the SF job and moved to Chicago to "win her back." He'd have to, as he'd already "won" her in Seattle, but it wasn't enough to keep her there. She wanted to be in Chicago. So if Frasier wants to be with her, he'll have to be in Chicago too since she "doesn't want a long-distance relationship."

David S

Stunt Coordinator
Ah - missed the first 25 minutes - too pumped after the Laker win to watch the tube!!:D

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
If you listen to Frasier quoting Tennyson, it spelled it out: to live, he had to follow his heart. Going to San Francisco was another way that Frasier was running away since all of his family were creating their own families, but going towards Chicago gave him a shot at creating his family with Charlotte.

aldamon

Second Unit
I thought the last 20 minutes could have used fewer commercials. The sudden ending and immediate cut to commercial was awful.

Jim Dalton

Stunt Coordinator
Given there has been some pitch made by Grammer to NBC for another series with Frasier in it, here's my speculation...

He went to Chicago and won the woman of his dreams. After marriage, he decides to either open a practice there (Bob Newhart anyone?) or gets a job at a radio station working the midnight to 4 AM shift talking about UFO's and government conspiracies (The truth is out there, folks) OR, deciding he wants to try something new, he opens yet another Starbucks franchise and calls it Cheers!

Waddautink? Too much? :D

Mike Graham

Supporting Actor
I was very confused by the ending because of the plane landing in Chicago - I thought there was something wrong with my hearing. He didn't have a job in Chicago! I guess this is more of a hopeful ending - him chasing love instead of more money and fame.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I think that if Laura Linney is interested, it might get off the ground, although I wouldn't be surprised if it happened at CBS rather than NBC. If I had to guess what it was about - Frasier decides to become a writer. He's got a column in a local paper, and he's working on his first novel. He and Laura Linney's character have recently married, and everything's looking up... until Frederick (who must be, what, 15 by now) has some sort of falling-out with Lilith and moves to Chicago.

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor
What's amazing is Eddie was still alive for the whole 11 years. Did Moose the Jack Russell Terrier manage to stay healthy for the entire series? They didn't replace him with a look alike at any time, did they?

John_Lee

Supporting Actor
Moose retired, don't know if he eventually died as well. For the past couple of years, it's been one of his sires, Enzo, playing the part.

StephenA

Screenwriter
I believe Moose is still alive, though looking old and grey. I heard it on a recent show about the finale. I think it was David Hyde Pierce who mentioned something about ending the show without him wouldn't be or didn't feel complete, or something like that.

Anyways I mostly liked the show. I think it would have been nice if they ended the show with Fraiser's final broadcast, but that's just my opinion. I didn't think the part with the plane was necessary.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I enjoyed the episode, more so than the Friends finale. I thought the tone was perfect and I appreciated the guest appearances of folks like Jennifer Beals and Jason Biggs. Now if only it were coming out DVD next week, but I guess to do so would have required 25 million more viewers ;)

LorenzoL

Second Unit
Real Name
Lorenzo
I definitely enjoyed the finale and it was a very understated end to the show.

Bravo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks