What's new

Frank Sinatra, Joni Mitchell, Mark Knopfler, INXS and more coming to DVD-A...... (1 Viewer)

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
Posted over at MusicTap was the following.

Upcoming whispered DVD-Audios that are TBS are expected from:

Frank Sinatra - Live at the Sands - DVD-A
INXS - Greatest Hits Live - DVD-A
Joni Mitchell - Blue - DVD-A
Mark Knopfler - Sailing to Philadelphia - DVD-A
Staind - 14 Shades of Grey - DVD-A
Tracy Chapman - Let it Rain - DVD-A
I had heard the Sinatra and Mitchell discs mentioned before, but this is the first I have heard of Knopfler coming to DVD-A. Sailing to Philadlepia is an excellent album. If he is not opposed to multichannel on his own catalog, this can only mean good things regarding possible Dire Straits releases. It is nice to see Warner actually making a move.

J

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Need more shelf space for DVD-A player if this is true. Can't wait for Dire Straits to show up on hi-res. Maybe one day, Van Halen titles will be available....

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
But no streetdates? I've been hearing about most of these titles for some time now (particularly the Joni, but this is the first I've heard about the INXS). Any general idea of when these might hit the street?

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Justin, thanks for "spreading the news." ;) These titles are not must-haves for me at this point, but I am intrigued by the Knopfler disc. I haven't heard this album yet, though.

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
INXS - Greatest Hits Live - DVD-A
There is a God!!

I'm really hoping some earlier material (give me as much Shabooh Shoobah as possible :) ) makes the disc. But regardless I'll be happy with just about anything from them.
A great rumor but like Keith has said many times in the past I'll wait until I see it. Oh man now I'm going to be having withdrawls until its released, if it ever does. Curse them!

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
It's been years since I last bought a CD and I don't have a DVD-A player but when that Sinatra disc is released I'll seriously consider upgrading my system just so I can listen to it......

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
Wow all these announcements in one day, the same day I received my dvd-audio player, a Pioneer DV-656A.

I've only had it for about six hours but some cool things about it:

* Very clear and organized menu system (kind of stylish looking too).

* Good remote (nice big buttons)

* "Video off" button

* Loads dvd-audios quickly (& makes a soft "turbine" sound as it goes between menus & music tracks)

* Looks nice (has tiny 1/16" strip of holographic material along bottom edge of drawer--gives a neat but subtle flash of color as you walk around it)

* And hallaleuja--it has a screen saver!!! (my Panasonic DVD-R31 doesn't)

When I listen to it more with some dvd-audios & CDs I'll report more.

LJ

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
If I had to make a guess, I would think the Mitchell and Sinatra discs would be coming out first. There was an article last year in S&V which mentioned the work done for Sinatra and Mitchell has been rumored for some time as well. Hopefully Warner has a major announcement of some sort or changes their release strategy (Hybrid or day and date).

J

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
Justin,

The 4/15 Fleetwood Mac title is still listed as day and date, as is the 6/10 release of Steely Dan's Everything Must Go.

I have heard rumors the hold up is the pending introduction of hybrid media. Whether this turns out to be true or not remains to be seen.

Regards,

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
I just read another reference to a day & date release of a dvd-audio version of Linkin Park's Meteora album ( from a link on 5.1 Entertainment's site--look northeast of the sacd symbol). Even on the Linkin Park message board a few people asked about this.

The CD came out this past Tusday, but no dvd-audio version that I know of. This would be a prime candidate for a flipper hybrid, because so many young people (& others :)) play their music in portable players, cars & their buddy's boombox.

Come onnnnnn flippers!!!!!

LJ

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks