What's new

Frank Miller's Sin City Recut & Extended (1 Viewer)

Cory S.

Supporting Actor
From dvdanswers.com:

Dimension has provided us with the first details on Sin City: Recut & Extended which stars Bruce Willis, Clive Owen and Jessica Alba. This new cut of the movie will be available to own from the 13th December, and priced at around $39.99. The set will include both the 124 minute theatrical release, along with the 147 minute extended cut. Both will be presented in 1.85:1 anamorphic widescreen, along with English DTS 5.1 and Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround tracks. Extras will include a commentary with director Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller, a second commentary with Rodriguez and Quentin Tarantino and a third commentary containing Austin Premiere crowd reaction! Also included will be a 15 minute film school with the director, a Movie in High-Speed Green Screen feature, 17 uninterupted minutes of Tarantino's segment, footage of a Sin City cast/crew party, and a 10 minute cooking school with Robert Rodriquez. Completing the package will be four featurettes on the cars, special effects make-up, costumes and props, a featurette on how they convinced Miller to assist with the film, another featurette on casting, a featurette on Tarantino the guest director, trailers, bloopers, and an interactive game. Topping it all off will be a complete Sin City graphic novel (The Hard Goodbye), worth around $17. We'll bring you art shortly

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
They're packaging it with the Graphic Novel? Very impressive. Seing as I already own it, I don't really need a second copy, but if this gets just one more person into a comic store to buy more comics, then I'm all for it!

Cory S.

Supporting Actor
After rereading the specs again, this set is loaded. Looks like a lot of fun. This will be a nice holiday present.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
THIS WAS SOOOOOOOO WORTH THE (SMALL) WAIT!!!!!!!!!!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Cory S.

Supporting Actor
Tell me about it Paul. I've rented Sin City at least 6 times and the urge to just buy it became worse and worse. Now, with this announcement, I can calm the hell down.

Very interested in seeing what gets back into that Extended Cut. Hopefully more Carla!

Cory S.

Supporting Actor
I'm kind of curious how the commentary section with reactions by the fans will turn out.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Pretty sweet! I got the first release and have no problem getting this one since it seems like it'll be more than worth the price.

I'm kinda surprised that's it's coming out before the holidays. Despite (correct) rumors to the contrary, I figured they'd try to sell as many copies of the barebones as possible at the holidays and release the SE later. I'm glad I'm wrong so I can get it faster:)

PaulP

Senior HTF Member

I assume it's just the sound of the audience. SO you watch the film as if you were in the theater.

Kain_C

Screenwriter
Damn nice, but why include a graphic novel and add to the price?? I know it's MSRP, but it's going to be a lot more than a normal DVD because of the damn book. I already own it, I don't need another. What I do need is more green in my wallet and so do the people that are double-dipping (not me tho). Most hardcore fans that are waiting for this probably already own the book. I wish they offered an option of a cheaper version without it. Ugh. This is bittersweet news.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
I doubt the book inflates the MSRP that much. If you have it, give it away to someone who doesn't. Lots of fans of the film, I'm sure, never read the book(s) anyway, and never heard about them before the film at all.

DVD Answers updated their post with the full ad sheet (or whatever it is).

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
I haven't seen it since it was in theaters... but four stories? I can only recall three: the great Mickey Rourke one, the excellent "Ho's of Sin City" one, and the (IMO) not so great Bruce Willis one that was told in two parts, bookending the other two. Am I forgetting one?

Kain_C

Screenwriter
Most two disc sets are around $20 or cheaper, so I would say the graphic novel does inflate the price a pretty good ways. Granted it's lots of content, especially with two versions of the film, but $40 is outrageous as is anything about $25-$30.

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Good to see that the theatrical cut is also included. Withholding the official announcement until just a few weeks after the bare bones release is truly shitty, so I'm grateful to Robert Rodriguez for spilling the beans about this edition in numerous interviews.

Chris

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
I haven't seen any 2-disc DVDs of new theatrical releases that are $19.99 MSRP.

Kain_C

Screenwriter
I know that. I meant the price I pay in store, which won't be a whole lot less than SRP. How many 2 disc sets do you know that has an SRP for $40?

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member

Actually, I would have preferred that the theatrical cut not be included in the SE, so that it would justify the double dip for those who bought the bare bones edtion.

Kain_C

Screenwriter
God knows I'll still pay it, but jeez. I just hate paying extra for something I already own. I'm not rich by any means. It's like including soundtracks with movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks