What's new

Frank Miller's 300 (merged) (1 Viewer)

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

My only concern is with Gerard Butler and the fact that he seems to be foaming at the mouth the whole trailer.

It certainly looks beautiful, but we'll see how that supports the narrative.

Jason

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
i say bring on more HAM!!! i don't think we have enough of it nowadays. everyone wants to go "dark+serious" i'm bored o' that shit. gimme I'M SCREAMING CAUSE I'M BADASS anytime. =).

unfortunately the track record for zack snyder isn't so good. look @his imdb.com:

http://imdb.com/name/nm0811583/

dawn of the dead? video games? c'mon. really. i hope it's not a combo of those types of direction. it doesn't fill me with confidence. looks good but i'll reserve judgement until final product arrives =).

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
I caught the trailer when I went to The Departed. While agree with some negative sentiments expressed earlier in the thread, I think the 15 year old in me will love the "kitche", and have a good time at the movies. Would a more "serious" director like Michael Mann have done the film more to fitting for my mature tastes? Perhaps. But Zack Snyder is making this movie, and Michael Mann isnt. I think Ill just take this film for what it is, and I may just enjoy myself. It looks like its intended to be good matinee fodder, not much more. Then again, I have not seen it yet. So what do I know. Trailers can be misleading.

I must admit, the trailer won me over with the NIN music. Ive been a huge fan since they first arrived on the scene, and use of one of my favorite tunes from my favorite NIN album was all it took for me to be sold. If nothing else, the movie will turn a few more people on to "The Fragile", IMO one of the best albums from any artist in the past decade or so.

Nathan V

Supporting Actor
The trailer seems to purport that the film is gloriously aware of its over-the-top nature, and chooses to revel in that aspect of itself, amplifying its comic-book origins for the sake of an unabashedly entertaining good time. If this is in fact the approach Mr. Snyder and company are taking (how could it not be, when you have Gerard Butler hollering such Bartlett's-ready quotes as "This is Sparta!" and "Aaargh!"), then I think this will be highly entertaining picture, and perhaps the first non-serious "sword-n'-sandals" film. Would I prefer Michael Mann's version? Of course. But as of right now, I have no problem with this puppy.

Regards,
Nathan

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Well, I'll say one thing - those Spartans have been doing some serious ab exercises.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
i've watched the 2nd trailer as well. what really gets me ain't all the fx and woo-wa. what gets me is they kept the dialogue, it's very shakespearean.

has anyone read the comics? i just recently borrowed a copy my local library and finished it. it was VERY good =). now i know the story, but they appeared to have expanded the comics greatly and stuck VERY closely with the aesthetics of the drawings like sin city.

meanwhile, i also read that FM's 300 partially based on "The 300 Spartans" a film from the 60's! i've also reserved a copy of that and will watch it prior to the film 3/9/07 =). i'm swept up into the hype. i've also read some wiki on the battle of thermoplaye:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Thermopylae

it is very cool. it's the first film since LOTR/SW/Matrix to excite me so!!! =). whoa =). i really want to see the result. i hope it's as good as comics.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover

:laugh: My brother and I said the same thing after the trailer ran before Apocalypto. :)

Have no idea what to expect with this one. Certainly looks stylish, and yet rather bizarre. :)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I like the first quick trailer, but the longer trailer just released makes it look too stylized, perhaps keeping it too close to the source material. I think I'd like an extended 8 minute video with this look, but a longer 90+ minutes cut might wear on me, visually.

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
I think I'll be fine watching it but I can see how it would wear on people. I can't watch Richard Linklater's CGI rotoscoped movies because I can't take that look even for the duration of a tv commercial.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Downloaded the 720p trailer Chuck. Wow indeed. Thanks. :)

I kept telling myself...that voice in the beginning sounds sooooo familiar. Then, I remembered: Faramir from Lord Of The Rings? Right?
htf_images_smilies_blush.gif

unotis

Grip
Real Name
Kelly J. Wilson
Wow!, I'm going to have to see this one, I loved the 1960 movie when I was young and know I'll really enjoy this version also.

The movie looks really stylized and beautifully designed, I know some people will not like that look but, I do so I will probably really like the entire feel and look of the movie.

But, then again I really like Jackson Pollack paintings and to some they look like drop clothes (no accounting for taste differences).:D

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
u guys feel like kicking some major ass+adrenaline rushing after watching those trailers?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks