What's new

Frampton dvda (1 Viewer)

Has Frampton Comes Alive! been released as a dvda yet? Cheap-cds does not have it. Also, is there any film/video that has ever gone along with this amazing live audio? Thanks, Mike.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
It's on SACD but I don't think DVD-A. A video DVD would be unreal! I was at the Winterland S.F. concert in 1975 (I think, maybe late "74) And it was ten times better than I could have hoped for. One of my lifetime hi-lites. When I finally get my uni hi-res player, probably the cheap Pioneer, that will be my first SACD disk (already have 15 DVD-A's). Will keep my eye's open for a video as well. Gene

Sam Owens

Stunt Coordinator
It's due on DVD-A on 3 February.

Advanced Resolution Surround Sound
(96kHz/24-bit) DVD-Audio Players
Advanced Resolution Stereo (96kHz/24-bit) DVD-Audio Players
Dolby Digital Surround Sound DVD-Video Players
Videos: Live performance videos from 1976: "Baby I Love Your Way", "Show Me The Way",
"Do You Feel Like We Do" All DVD Players
Artist Bio/Catalog/Audio Interview/Photo Gallery DVD Audio/Video Players*

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Thanks for the info Sam. I will be at the store bright and early. This is one of my all time favorites! Gene

THANKS SAM!! DVD-A, live video performances, the Frampton Comes Alive album tracks 5.1, Bonus material? Unbelieveable!! Nobody else is interested? Come on guys and gals!! Mike.

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
Mike,

I'm interested, but it's not the disc I'm most eager for.

I'm still waiting for Gaucho on DVD-Audio, with GBYBR a close second.

Cheers,

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
Interesting... almost 6 months to the day from the release of the SA-CD, even though the multi-channel mix was done at 24/96K. I wonder why so long?

It's about the same time frame for Gaucho from Steely Dan, which also had the multi-channel mix done at 24/96K by Elliot Scheiner.

The authoring doesn't take that long, Mark Waldrep does it himself in a few days. Release rights from the artist? Should be in the bag before the project starts IMO.

It does make one wonder.

Cheers,

Alan_Horner

Stunt Coordinator

You can take your tongue out of your cheek now, John.

It doesn't make me wonder one bit. Sony orchestrated an exclusive window for SACD versions of Universal m/c titles. And whaddaya know? It's worked -- even I've bought two SACD Universal titles that I knew were going to be released down the road. Grrrrr...

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if an extended version of such a contract was written for that British album......um um um.....what's it called?....something about a dark moon.........

LJ

Jesper

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jesper Nielsen
It is Lance,

I have just mailed with Mark Waldrep and DSOTM should be in production.. I hope this is true I want so bad on DVD Audio... ;)

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
Jesper,

We are coming up on the 1 year date for DSotM... If I recall correcly DSotM was released 3/23/03, just a little bit behind the official 30th anniversary of release.

Cheers,

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
Michael,

In other words, if you want to hear the real multi-channel master tape, you get it on DVD-Audio :D

Cheers,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks