What's new

Fox "The Girl Can't Help It" (1 Viewer)

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
Now that we have a good start on Marilyn Monroe titles from Fox, how about a couple from Jayne Mansfield they produced?
Jayne wasn't that great of actress, modeling herself more on Mae West's style of "look at me" rather than any acting talent. Most of the time Jayne got top billing when she was no more than a bit part actress in the film and quite irritating at times with her squealing.
One movie does stand out though and has Marilyn's leading man (Tom Ewell) from "The Seven Year Itch" as Jayne's leading man this time in The Girl Can't Help It.
True, not the biggest title in the world but one of her best efforts and Jayne hasn't looked better! It also has a cult following and contains scenes of Little Richard banging out the theme song.
Fox, anytime soon on this one - even Movie/Trailer only version?

Derek M Germano

Second Unit
Put me down for a copy of THE GIRL CAN'T HELP IT- the movie is an absolute scream and really should be released on DVD. Also, I'd love to see WILL SUCCESS SPOIL ROCK HUNTER? issued on DVD as well.

Jaime_Weinman

Supporting Actor
I'd buy GIRL CAN'T HELP IT, and even more WILL SUCCESS SPOIL ROCK HUNTER (with a better story than GIRL and a far better leading man, Tony Randall). Both these movies were written and directed by the strange and wonderful director Frank Tashlin, who had directed Warner Brothers cartoons before turning to live-action -- you can tell from some of the gags in these movies that Tashlin was a man who used to work with Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks