What's new

Fox TERMINATOR series: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Well, I hope you used some kind of alchemy to see it early, because I thought it wasn't on until a week from Sunday.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Watched it - not too bad. Two sticking points for me - the location where the Teacher terminator hid his gun made no sense and giving Summer Glau the - 'Come with me if you want to live.' line fell totally flat.

Liked the cast.

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
I saw the pilot a few months ago, and am looking forward to seeing the series in HD on Fox in another week! I'll pass on the Yahoo stream...

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Does the one that airs really differ from that pilot?

Just in case:

(specifically thinking of how different "Bionic Woman" was from pilot to final product w/r/t the sister, or if they edited the school shoot out, specifically..)

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez
I wish I was in LA today cause it was showing on the big screen! For FREE!!!

Date: Saturday, January 5, 2008 (TODAY)
Time: 4pm PST
7018 Melrose Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90038

larry mac

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
larry mac

Thank you fox! At least something will be interesting (unless your gay).

I didn't even see T3 and don't remember all that much about the other ones. TV shows are a totally different breed than movies anyway. There's usually emotional interaction subplots that change (or evolve) weekly. There's new characters coming and going every week, based on that weeks storyline. A movie is one story, with a beginning, a middle, and an ending. TV shows are 16 stories, each with it's own beginning, middle, and ending. Of course with this particular premise, there will be some continuity of part of the story. But there will still be a new story every week. I doubt if this will be a Terminator re-do. I'll bet it's a Terminator new-do.

Most of it's viewers either probably didn't even see the movies, or won't notice or care about any inconsistencies. I kind of liked The Six Million Dollar Girl (sorry, Bionic Woman). I'm willing to give this a chance too.

best regards, lm

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Thank God we have an archive so this won't slip away into the ether.

Now, why was I here?

Oh yes, USA Today gave the show a strong review. :)

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
*Recording Alert*

There's a football game on just before this program. :frowning:

I've set my DVR to add 90 minutes.

larry mac

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
larry mac
Right, you usually don't bother. Then why did you?

16 shows in a season.

I don't post on here very often, now I remember why.

best regards, lm

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I watched it tonight after Giants game, and I have to say I liked it. I appreciated that the pilot, at least, mantained proper continuity with the first two films by being a period piece. I also thought they explained away bringing the show into the present in a satisfying way.
Seeing Sarah all emotional during her doomsday dream at the beginning had me worried, but Lena Headey did a passable Linda Hamilton (including the voice) during the rest of it. I liked Dekker on "Heroes" and I liked him here. And I love Summer Glau in pretty much anything.

Seems like it's going to be "The Fugitive" grafted onto the Terminator universe, which is perfectly alright with me. I'm definitely in tomorrow night, and probably the rest of the run as well.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Not a bad pilot, as long as I keep my plausibility meter in check.

Since there's not much else on the Monday lineup, it'll fill the spot well for me.

seanOhara

Supporting Actor
Well it didn't suck, so it exceeded my expectations.

After the first fifteen minutes, I was wondering, "Why do they keep using small arms against terminators? It barely slows them down. The only hope is to run away and eventually lure it into an industrial park where you can use the heavy machines to destroy it." But then they actually whipped out the heavy weapons.

Best moment -- the guy in a car snapping a photo of Summer Glau nekkid.

John Swarce

Second Unit
Arnold should have been the Terminator...he was a much better shot than the model that was sent back! :)

I liked the shot of the "Rage Against The Machine" poster in the background when Sarah is talking to John in his bedroom in the opeining scenes. Nice touch by the production team.

I give it a solid "B" and I'll keep watching unless it gets too far-fetched or they start doing a chase of the week thing.
--John

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
It wasn't bad. I'll keep watching for now.

Anyone else notice, in HD, you could still see the tattoos on Lena Headey's arms beneath the makeup?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I wasn't really behind this show to begin with but I could only make it halfway through before turning it off. The lack of suspense or surprises just killed it for me. John gets shot in the teaser- it's a dream. The substitute teacher coming in- it's a Terminator. 'John' (conveniently backlit and with his hood pulled up) coming back to the house and getting shot- it's the girl Terminator.

And I had to laugh at Sarah explaining why she's going to shoot herself and then the Terminator explaining how she's more useful to him alive than dead. Wasn't there a more artful way to get that exposition out or did they really think that their audience was so dumb that they needed everything spelled out for them?

I switched over to the SD feed to see if I could spot them and I could. I was actually wondering if those were supposed to be burn scars or dirt or something.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I thought wasn't too bad either and will stick with it. My biggest complaint was the "Cromartie" terminator's head tics, like it was doing an impression of Data from STNG.

And I was personally pleased about the female terminator's name until I realized it was a shout out to James Cameron. :)

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
Where's the family dog? Wasn't the whole point that the dogs could smell 'em out?

They should have hired the guy from Son of the Beach that played Arnold in the TV Movie.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Good enough to get me watching tomorrow night and probably for the full 9 episodes. This somewhat fills the gaping void left by no new episodes of "24"...........well, actually it doesn't, but I'm still in denial over the "lack of Jack". :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks