What's new

FOX - Take a ride, if you dare...release TERROR TRAIN on DVD (1 Viewer)

Kieron

Auditioning
I don't care if this is just a bare-bones DVD release (though obviously extras would be nice). Just release this film on DVD!

Samuel Des

Supporting Actor
COUNT ME IN!
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

------------------
SAM

John Fleming

Stunt Coordinator
Terror Train...Terror Train! It's the one,
Folks at Fox...let's get it done!
Okay, so I wouldn't have made it as a cheerleader
biggrin.gif

Fox,
This is a neat little flick which is not your average slasher film. Since it of course takes place on a train, this adds much to the atmosphere of the film. What can we say? Jamie Lee Curtis is in it and that great character actor, the late Ben Johnson is in it; this horror movie deserves to be released on DVD with anamorphic widescreen video, quality audio, and any possible supplements. Mr. Staddon and Co., please strongly consider putting this on your release schedule - thanks.
John

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
Ooooh. this is one of those guilty pleasures from the past. The nostalgia factor alone of sneaking out after my parents went to bed to watch this on HBO justifies a purchase.
I don't really need ALL the bells and whistles (DTS isn't really necessary) but a group commentary would be a trip.

Jan Strnad

Screenwriter
It's been a long, long time since I saw TERROR TRAIN but I remember it as being a cut above the rest (so to speak). I hope they do issue it...uncut, of course!
------------------
http://www.mindspring.com/~atombrain/risenintro.html
Jan Strnad
author of Risen and
"The AtomBrain Guide to Letterboxing"

Will K

Screenwriter
Here's another vote for TT. I love Jamie Lee and I love slasher flicks. Fox, your horror audience is a little bigger than you think.
------------------
unratedbanner.JPG

"We'd better not risk a frontal assault. That rabbit's dynamite!" - King Arthur 93.2 AD

Casey_S

Auditioning
I would gobble this release up if it were released! Then, when MGM unleashes THE FOG on DVD later on in 2002, Jamie Lee's "Scream Queen" classics would be complete on DVD!

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
For all the derogatory comments they aroused during their original release, it is now apparent that horror films of the '70's still had much more on the ball than the current crop being made now. And as such, they are ripe for reappraisal.
Fox has taken the right steps by issuing THE FURY and PHANTOM OF THE PARADISE. Let's go farther and give TERROR TRAIN its time in the dark, so to speak.
------------------
"As I looked back over my life, I realized that I enjoyed nothing--not art, not sex--more than going to the movies." -- Gore Vidal

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Oh what the heck.
Probably not until September or October 2002, I'm guessing.
Who wants to start up a Naked Lunch thread?

SteveMc

Stunt Coordinator
I think this is an awesome idea. I'd pick it up as well.
------------------
Crash
"I don't even own a gun, let alone many guns that would necessitate an entire rack."
Help us get the Friday the 13th films-UNCUT. Click Here or here

Jodee

Screenwriter
I'm not much of a horoor fan but I'd probably pick this up since it was a minor classic in my youth-- I remember watching this on "pay tv" at a sleep-over in the 6th grade.
And also because it features future Prince protege Vanity (aka Denise Matthews, aka DD Winters) in a small role!
[Edited last by Jodee on August 07, 2001 at 08:30 AM]

Christopher Carr

Stunt Coordinator
Helping out the numerous petitions for old horror movies, this one is no exception. Jamie Lee Curtis is one of my all time fav actresses and cuz she is the ultimate "Scream Queen" we need this release from FOX to not only be released itself but to the full extent they can release it. 80s Horror I have always loved so much and this is a release I would buy at the drop of a dime. Hey Fox if you are reading this post...it has already picked up 3 pages of signatures. Maybe this is a better buy then you thought...
------------------
"I don't want to kiss you here...I want to kiss you- there."
"You can put it anywhere"
"Kathryn, the only thing you are going to be riding is me!"

MikeyW

Agent
Terror Train is DEFINATLY deserving of a DVD release. Fox, you're fantastic, let US take a ride.
------------------

Jeff Peake

Supporting Actor
Well if members from this forum can petition for Zardoz, and actually get it released then Terror Train should be a breeze! (just kidding all you Zardoz fans :) )
I would buy TT in a second.
Jeff Peake

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks