What's new

Fox Studio Classics - complete release details (1 Viewer)

Jon Robertson

Screenwriter
Last, I am very disappointed that you have to cut out holes on your insert sheet in order to get Sunshine. So in order to have nice copies at home you will have to buy an extra three copies of the movies just to get the proof-of-purchase tabs and then throw these copies away. I am very disappointed with this.
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

AlanP

Screenwriter
Real Name
BAP
comic sans
Has anyone heard if the following FOX FILMS
will be appearing on DVD-SOON ?
"ISLAND IN THE SUN"
"HELLO DOLLY"
"VALLEY OF THE DOLLS"
"BEYOND THE VALLEY OF THE DOLLS"
"THE THREE FACES OF EVE"
"THE FUGITIVE KIND"
"LONG HOT SUMMER"
"MOVE OVER DARLING"
"PEYTON PLACE"
"RETURN TO PEYTON PLACE"
I know AMC BACKSTORIES were completed
on a couple of these films, I saw them
on AMC.

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Okay, can somebody refresh my memory: What movies have been released already that are part of the Sunrise deal?

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
What movies have been released already that are part of the Sunrise deal?
All About Eve, Gentlemen's Agreement, and How Green Was My Valley streeted Tuesday, and are the first three titles in the Fox Studio Classics series (and the first that are part of the Sunrise deal).

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Yesterday, I sent my purchase documentation to Fox for the "Sunrise" dvd. Hopefully, I'll have it in 6-8 weeks then I'll report my review of the dvd.

Crawdaddy

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
New wave of war films on dvd coming in May:

This DVDFile article only has six of the eight films listed, I wonder what the other two will be?

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Coming this spring from Fox Home Entertainment are eight new classic disaster/war flicks sure to make your home theater seem like D-Day. All will hit stores on May 20th and are presented in their original theatrical aspect ratios, and include trailers: The Blue Max, The Desert Fox, The Enemy Below (includes "The War Situation," "U-Boat Captured By Biplane" and "Inside The German U-boat Base At Lorient, France" MovieTone News clips), 13 Rue Madeleine (includes "Captured Pictures Show How Nazi V-2 Rockey Was Born" MovieTone News clip), Heaven Knows Mr. Allison (includes "Tarawa: Marines Toughest Battle!," "King And Nimitz View Scenes Of Saipan Victory" and "Japs' Raid Saipan" MovieTone News clips), and Sink the Bismark! Retail is $14.95 a pop.
Heavenly news! I'll be buying most of them. :D

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
Terrific news about more War Movies, but where are Fox's great collection of Musical Classics?

There was talk of a batch of Musicals to be released in conjunction with the opening of "Chicago".

But so far, no sign of anything.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
I guess you do not flood the market with everything at once, so I suspect that this will take one or two weeks mor before a press release goes out.
You never know
:D

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Today, Fox announced another classic release according to the link provided in the post before this one.

Crawdaddy

rbirk

Stunt Coordinator
Craig,

I order from dvdsoon and I don't get any printed receipt from them. Only an email confirmation. Yes, I do find the holes in the insert sheets to be very annoying. At least fox have rather small holes on the insert sheet and not big ones on the back cover as some other companies have.

Ron Birk

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
All About Eve, Gentlemen's Agreement, and How Green Was My Valley streeted Tuesday, and are the first three titles in the Fox Studio Classics series (and the first that are part of the Sunrise deal).
Thanks, and I fortunately want all three of them!

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
http://www.dvdfile.com/software/dvd-...003/10_21.html
The Ghost & Mrs. Muir is the latest in their Studio Classics line, this first-ever DVD edition features a remastered transfer in the film's original 1.33:1 theatrical aspect ratio, a remixed English 2.0 stereo track (the original mono mix is also included), two audio commentaries by Gregg Kimble and Christopher Husted, and Jeanine Bassinger and Kenneth Geist, a biography on Rex Harrison, a still gallery, and theatrical trailers. Retail is $19.95.
Great news that the original mono track is also included
:emoji_thumbsup:

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Is there a chance that "The Man Who Never Was" (1956 Widescreen) will be part of a later release of films in the Fox War Series? I think this film deserves a release just as much as some of the already announced films.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
from todays dvdfile

The full specs for Fox Home Entertainment's latest entry in its Studio Classics series has just been announced, the Oscar winner Love is a Many-Splendored Thing. Street on May 6th, this set features a new 2.55:1 anamorphic widescreen transfer, restored English 2.0 stereo and English, French and Spanish mono tracks, new audio commentary by Michael Lonzo, Sylvia Stoddard and John Burlingame, two MovieTone News clips ("Audience Awards Presentations" and "Photoplay Awards A Hollywood Highlight"), a restoration comparison, biographies, and theatrical trailers. Retail is $19.95.

cover is included as well

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks