What's new

Fox: Request for Sunrise DVD to be made available outside the US (1 Viewer)

Alistair_M

Second Unit
I must admit not having heard of this movie until I read about the promotion for region 1. After reading the review in Leonard Maltins film guide, I'd be happy to buy this film. Just sell it separately for a reasonable price and I'll buy it!

IvanT

Agent
You should note that from what Peter Staddon said in his chats, that he has no control over foreign releases, and I don't think Fox Europe, Australia etc read this board.
This is actually rather silly, because I am observing here in Switzerland (and Germany) bare bones versions of the same movies that are part of the Studio Classics line are being published just now (for example, Anastasia came out a few weeks ago). I think something similar is going on in the UK--I'm not exactly sure what kind of genius is managing FOX's European editions...

As far as Sunrise is concerned, I obtained my copy through a friend in the US who wasn't interested in it so could use up his 'one offer per household' to get it for me. :)

I

Real Name
Anthony
Yup, I too am mighty upset about the lack of SUNRISE for those of us outside the States ; it seems especially unfair to those of us in the UK, as the BFI seem to have been involved in the restoration. Don't they receive some funds from the taxpayers here ?
In R2, we generally get our discs later, with fewer extras
and pay more for them. Fox are especially bad for it. The recent S.E of THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL released here doesn't eeven have the documentary. OK, so we can import it - but the SUNRISE offer is the last straw. We are -and I quote- "sick of the high hat".

Vincent Matis

Second Unit
Real Name
Vincent Matis
This is actually rather silly, because I am observing here in Switzerland (and Germany) bare bones versions of the same movies that are part of the Studio Classics line are being published just now
Same in France/Belgium... Very very sad :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
What's the deal?

Vincent

Vincent Matis

Second Unit
Real Name
Vincent Matis
Thanks to my brother currently working in the US, I was able to send the coupon from (and to) an US address and my hope were high. Unfortunatly, he sent it more than 10 weeks ago and still hasn't received anything... I'm soooo dissapointed 'cause I'll probably never receive it :frowning:

(No) cheers :)

Vincent

Claes Ljunghorn

Stunt Coordinator
Vincent,
Did You buy the 3 Fox Classics on-line and then sent Your brother the coupons and receipt? Or did You have Your brother buy them in the states?

Let us know when You recieve the disc!

/Claes

Vincent Matis

Second Unit
Real Name
Vincent Matis
I had the 3 DVD shipped to his US address (from amazon.com). The shipping address for the Sunrise DVD was also his US address. He sent a money order with it... People were reporting having receive the DVD within 4-6 weeks, so 10 weeks (and counting) is alarming...
I might try again with Ghost and Mrs. Muir, The Day The Earth Stood Still and a 3rd DVD (or should I say 6th!). Keeping my fingers crossed...

Cheers,

Vincent

Vincent Matis

Second Unit
Real Name
Vincent Matis
The receipt was in the same package as the DVD (and arrived in the US)
The address on the receipt and the "return" address for the DVD were in the US (and identical)...

Cheers,

Vincent

IvanT

Agent
Vincent,

there is a phone number listed on the offer that you can call to verify the status of your order if you havent received it in 8 weeks... if you don't have it, it is 1-800-488-4369.

I wouldn't necessarily get alarmed about the long wait, they do seem to send out the DVDs in batches every few weeks. I waited nearly two months and then read a flurry of posts here about many others finally receiving their DVDs at the exact same time.

I

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
Looks like you are doing exactly the same thing with Sunrise as I am.

Here is to finally seeing the Sunrise unveiled

:D

Vincent Matis

Second Unit
Real Name
Vincent Matis
I called them, they never received the mail-in !
Either my brother screwed up or the US post did. :angry:
Thus I'm hoping for a 2004 release...

Cheers,

Vincent

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks