What's new

Fox: Request for Sunrise DVD to be made available outside the US (1 Viewer)

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
Hi Peter Staddon & Fox

I think that I speak for lots of HTF'ers that reside outside the US & Canada who are delighted that Sunrise is coming to DVD R1. There is only a slight problem facing customers outside the US & Canada that we are unable to get a hold of this dvd.

Would you let us know how we can get a hold of the dvd as you are aware of the vast number that have expressed an interest in Sunrise. Technically I have already qualified as I have purchased 3 of the Fox Classic Movies that have come out so far.

Kind regards

Oscar Merkx

:emoji_thumbsup:

Mark_vdH

Screenwriter
Count me in as well. :)

All About Eve has just arrived yesterday, and The Day The Earth Stood Still and An Affair To Remember are (pre)ordered.

I understand it's difficult for Fox to send Sunrise discs to all overseas customers, but can't you get us HTF-ers off the hook, for old time's sake...? ;)

Claes Ljunghorn

Stunt Coordinator
Please give us some hope that we will be able to get it. I have been longing for Sunrise on DVD since I bought my first DVD player 5 years ago...

IvanT

Agent
I want to add myself to the list here... I live in Switzerland and am absolutely devastated that there is no way for me to have this DVD. I have seen Sunrise only once and that was on a print that was actually missing one reel (the ride to the city)--I still loved it.

However, since there doesn't seem to be any way for the non-Americans to get this, I guess I'll have to wait until they show up on eBay and then pay an extortionate price to get this DVD.

Please let us know if there is at least some kind of plan to offer this to other countries too, because this feels really humiliating in a way--are the rest of us not deserving enough or what?

Note that it is not a matter of getting the disc for free--I would gladly pay for it, but a matter of getting it at all.

Very unhappy.

Ivan

Danny_N

Second Unit
Real Name
Danny
Another vote here. Please make Sunrise available to customers outside the USA.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Well, I'd like to get Sunrise but I lost my receipts for HGWMV and AAE. :angry: My fault I know, but I really don't see the point in having Sunrise be available this way. :confused: :rolleyes

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
If it is economically viable to supply copies of Sunrise to overseas consumers, I would be deeply grateful to Fox. Great film - don't be denied!

Gordy

Kevin Harper

Agent
Count me in - I'd love a copy. Surely Fox would make more money by making it available elsewhere or at least releasing it as normal and then we can import it.

ola_t

Auditioning
I too would be most grateful if this offer could be extended to those of us Sunrise fans who live outside North America.

/Ola Torstensson, Lund, Sweden.

AlbertAgullo

Agent
Counte me in!

Fortunately I'm going to New York City next April and I have a friend who lives there, so I think finally I'll get Sunrise. Now the question is which three titles to buy (I have the old versions of All about Eve, How green was my valley and An affair to remember). I think I'll wait for The ghost and Mrs. Muir...

Jon Robertson

Screenwriter
Lord, yes!

I can't, for the life of me, work out why you don't just sell it on its own as well as the mail-in offer, so everyone goes home satisfied.

Do you really believe Sunrise needs the likes of An Affair to Remember and Gentleman's Agreement to help it shift copies?

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
By not making this offer available to overseas customers, Fox is only going to pad the wallets of Ebay sellers!

Jeff

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
I gladly and strongly support this request, but, ahem... I already own Sunrise.
How to put this? Ask the help of a friend (or a friendly retailer).

Cees

AlexHL

Stunt Coordinator
I too would love to see Sunrise made available for us overseas customers through some way. Just an announcement from Fox will do really. I'll then know if I should hold out for the retail release or buy it on now eBay for top dollar.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks