What's new

Fox releasing 23 never before on dvd releases in next several weeks (1 Viewer)

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Wow, never thought I'd see Welcome Home Soldier Boys, which I remember seeing at an old drive in back in the mid 70's, never saw again.

Dave B Ferris

Screenwriter
No, they're part of the Fox MOD program.
That's interesting, because the article used the word "retailers", which I tend to associate with physical stores, and none of the physical stores where I shop (Best Buy, Target, Fry's, Barnes & Noble) have ever stocked MOD's, as far as I know.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I was really hoping King of the Kyber Rifles would got to Twilight Time. I may as well stick with my copy off of the Fox Movie Channel. It was interesting that the article you quoted referred to Jeffrey Hunter as having been on an episode of Star Trek. I guess they forgot about his prominent role in that minor John Wayne film, The Searchers, or that bit part he played in one of those old biblical pics.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
The article says "Fox Cinema Archives" so, yeah, just advertising the new wave of MODs.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
And still I wait for Hand of Death and SpaceMaster X-7 among other genre titles still held hostage at Fox :rolleyes:

mdnitoil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
My understanding was that Fox doesn't have an anamorphic transfer of King of the Kyber Rifles available, so I expect that one to be particularly disappointing.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
mdnitoil said:
My understanding was that Fox doesn't have an anamorphic transfer of King of the Kyber Rifles available, so I expect that one to be particularly disappointing.
That's probably true, but since they've had several decades of the home video revolution in which to prepare one, one would think they could have gotten around to it by now. And since they haven't, now is as good a time as any. And while they're at it, how about doing The Best Things in Life Are Free as well.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Matt Hough said:
That's probably true, but since they've had several decades of the home video revolution in which to prepare one, one would think they could have gotten around to it by now. And since they haven't, now is as good a time as any. And while they're at it, how about doing The Best Things in Life Are Free as well.
Having recently had the great pleasure of watching the French BRD of Violent Saturday, I can confirm that Fox does sometimes get around to making new, high quality, anamorphic transfers of films from the 1950s. Why they did this for Violent Saturday and not for The Best Things In Life Are Free is something Fox will have to explain.

Snowjackal

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris Provost
Very excited to hear that 'Welcome Home Soldier Boys' is finally getting a DVD release. This, as well as some other titles on the list, are long overdue!

20th Century Fox should really take a lesson from Warner Archives and start releasing more of their vault collection. I have been dying for 'Made for Each Other' with Joseph Bologna!

Does the Fox Cinema Archives even have an actual site? I only seem to find them through oldies.com.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Robin9 said:
Having recently had the great pleasure of watching the French BRD of Violent Saturday, I can confirm that Fox does sometimes get around to making new, high quality, anamorphic transfers of films from the 1950s. Why they did this for Violent Saturday and not for The Best Things In Life Are Free is something Fox will have to explain.
Perhaps they did it as a relationship builder with Twilight Time, as TT has most of their stock of a letterbox transfer no one wants.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
JoeDoakes said:
Perhaps they did it as a relationship builder with Twilight Time, as TT has most of their stock of a letterbox transfer no one wants.
Well, first Twilight Time so far has not released Violent Saturday on Blu-ray and second, do we know for sure that other "boutique" companies are uninterested in handling Fox catalog movies? In Europe several companies are releasing Fox films on BRD.

kingfish

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul Pisano
RLane777 said:
I hope Battle at Bloody Beach is in Widescreen.
does anybody know where one can find a movie trailer for this audie murphy movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks