What's new

Fox how about sets for Loretta Young, Ginger Rogers, and Gene Tierney?? (1 Viewer)

Corey

Screenwriter
If Racquel Welch and Joan Collins can have sets, then there should be no problem with these actresses getting sets. They should also do a set to the first Best Actress winner, Janet Gaynor with:

-Serveant's Entrance
-The Farmer Takes A Wife
-State Fair
-Change of Heart
-Teas Of the Storm County

JohnRa

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Needham
I would love to see "Dreamboat" released, either separately or in a Ginger Rogers
(Clifton Webb?) set. Hilarious movie!

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
What about Clifton Webb? Fox did a great job on “Cheaper by the Dozen” and I understand they have “Stars and Stripes Forever” on the list of future titles, but how about:

Sitting Pretty
For Heaven’s Sake
Mr. Belvedere Goes to College
Mr. Belvedere Rings the Bell
Dreamboat
Elopement
Mister Scoutmaster
The Remarkable Mr. Pennypacker
Holiday for Lovers

While he plays almost the same stuffy character in each film, he was fun and entertaining to watch and would also cause many laughs. Pennypacker had a very different plot for 1959 in that he played a bigamist with 17 children between both families.

“Boy on a Dolphin” is another to throw into the mix, not only for Clifton Webb and Alan Ladd, but the main event of Sophia Loren. On the drama side there is “Woman’s World”.

One big box set of all the titles would make me happy, but then again so would two box sets. I guess the Tyrone Power Matinee Idol 10 feature set has us all spoiled.

Charles H

Screenwriter
And a Monty Woolley Collection? THE PIED PIPER (Woolley and the picture were both nominated for Oscars); HOLY MATRIMONY, MOLLY AND ME, IRISH EYES ARE SMILING, and LIFE BEGINS AT 8:30.

Corey

Screenwriter
So it seems as though Fox did restore some Janet Gaynor films. They had screening of them back in 2006. They include Street Angel, Delicious, and Ladies In Love.

Pete York

Supporting Actor
Corey, the Borzage/Murnau box should have 4 Devils, Sunrise, Seventh Heaven, Lucky Star and Street Angel in it.

KellyVO

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kelly
I would pretty much buy any of these sets in a heartbeat.

I keep waiting for a DVD release of Woman's World. I think that would fit perfectly in their Cinema Classics collection!

I still want another Betty Grable set. It has been long overdue!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks